Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,918
    Can't help with the log I'm afraid. I just use this stuff .

    Philippe_44 is the bloke for that dude that he is

  2. #12
    Yup - I know. Thanks a lot.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,109
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrug View Post
    I tried it, just to be safe, again, and nothing changed (republished and applied).

    I have Group Players installed (the Main below) but not enabled. Might this be the problem?

    I still can't see LMS (a piCorePlayer 5.0) under my airplay devices.

    AppleTV, Kitchen and Lounge are Airplay 2 devices, Main the Group Player (Kitchen + Lounge).

    Attachment 28702
    What players are you missing? Can you name them? "LMS" seems to be published so if you can't see it maybe there is a problem with your built-in avahi daemon
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-12-07 at 11:19.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

  4. #14

    AirPlay Bridge and ShairTunes2(fork)at the same time?

    I am missing LMS, which is enabled and a piCorePlayer (on the same machine 5.0 I think) and the Main, which is a group player (I added the Group Player plugin after it did not make a difference after uninstalling it).

    Rainer


    > On 7 Dec 2019, at 19:16, philippe_44 <philippe_44.9ap580 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    > rkrug wrote:
    >> I tried it, just to be safe, again, and nothing changed (republished and
    >> applied).
    >>
    >> I have Group Players installed (the Main below) but not enabled. Might
    >> this be the problem?
    >>
    >> I still can't see LMS (a piCorePlayer 5.0) under my airplay devices.
    >>
    >> AppleTV, Kitchen and Lounge are Airplay 2 devices, Main the Group Player
    >> (Kitchen + Lounge).
    >>
    >> 28702

    >
    > What players are you missing? Can you name them?
    >
    >
    >
    > LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos
    > PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000,
    > ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi
    > B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010,
    > AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > philippe_44's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17261
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=111309
    >
    >

  5. #15

    AirPlay Bridge andShairTunes2(fork) at the same time?

    Oh - LMS is on the same pi as the LMS serfver is running on.

    > On 8 Dec 2019, at 18:15, Rainer M Krug <Rainer (AT) krugs (DOT) de> wrote:
    >
    > I am missing LMS, which is enabled and a piCorePlayer (on the same machine 5.0 I think) and the Main, which is a group player (I added the Group Player plugin after it did not make a difference after uninstalling it).
    >
    > Rainer
    >
    >
    >> On 7 Dec 2019, at 19:16, philippe_44 <philippe_44.9ap580 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com <mailtohilippe_44.9ap580 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> rkrug wrote:
    >>> I tried it, just to be safe, again, and nothing changed (republished and
    >>> applied).
    >>>
    >>> I have Group Players installed (the Main below) but not enabled. Might
    >>> this be the problem?
    >>>
    >>> I still can't see LMS (a piCorePlayer 5.0) under my airplay devices.
    >>>
    >>> AppleTV, Kitchen and Lounge are Airplay 2 devices, Main the Group Player
    >>> (Kitchen + Lounge).
    >>>
    >>> 28702

    >>
    >> What players are you missing? Can you name them?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos
    >> PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000,
    >> ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi
    >> B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010,
    >> AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5
    >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> philippe_44's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17261 <http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17261>
    >> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=111309 <http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=111309>
    >>
    >>

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,109
    Im still a bit confused. Do you see *any* player made by shairtunes on your iPhone? It does not seem to be the case as you have only selected LMS and you dont see it. So for me the issue is with you avahi client on the picore (avahi does not work or is filtered out) or (more likely) it is a network issue that prevents mDNS broadcast to be done from the picore and reach your other network branches
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

  7. #17

    AirPlay Bridge and ShairTunes2(fork)at the same time?

    > On 8 Dec 2019, at 18:36, philippe_44 <philippe_44.9aqy1b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    > I知 still a bit confused. Do you see *any* player made by shairtunes on
    > your iPhone? It does not seem to be the case as you have only selected ォ
    > LMS サ and you don稚 see it.



    Three - I see no players from shairtunes..


    > So for me the issue is with you avahi client
    > on the picore (avahi does not work or is filtered out) or (more likely)
    > it is a network issue that prevents mDNS broadcast to be done from the
    > picore and reach your other network branches



    You nailed it. I had the avahi extension installed in piCorePlayer. Deleted it, and it is working.

    I can now see LMS and Main, i.e. all shairport players as AirPlay devices.

    Thanks,

    Rainer




    >
    >
    >
    > LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos
    > PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000,
    > ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi
    > B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010,
    > AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > philippe_44's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17261
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=111309
    >
    >

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,109
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrug View Post
    > On 8 Dec 2019, at 18:36, philippe_44 <philippe_44.9aqy1b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    > I知 still a bit confused. Do you see *any* player made by shairtunes on
    > your iPhone? It does not seem to be the case as you have only selected ォ
    > LMS サ and you don稚 see it.



    Three - I see no players from shairtunes..


    > So for me the issue is with you avahi client
    > on the picore (avahi does not work or is filtered out) or (more likely)
    > it is a network issue that prevents mDNS broadcast to be done from the
    > picore and reach your other network branches



    You nailed it. I had the avahi extension installed in piCorePlayer. Deleted it, and it is working.

    I can now see LMS and Main, i.e. all shairport players as AirPlay devices.

    Thanks,

    Rainer




    >
    >
    >
    > LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos
    > PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000,
    > ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi
    > B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010,
    > AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > philippe_44's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17261
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=111309
    >
    >
    Usually avahi has this disable-other-stacks or something like that
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

  9. #19

    AirPlay Bridge and ShairTunes2(fork)at the same time?

    > On 9 Dec 2019, at 09:33, philippe_44 <philippe_44.9as3io (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    > rkrug wrote:
    >>> On 8 Dec 2019, at 18:36, philippe_44 <philippe_44.9aqy1b (AT) no-mx

    >> (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I知 still a bit confused. Do you see *any* player made by shairtunes

    >> on
    >>> your iPhone? It does not seem to be the case as you have only selected

    >> ォ
    >>> LMS サ and you don稚 see it.

    >>
    >>
    >> Three - I see no players from shairtunes..
    >>
    >>
    >>> So for me the issue is with you avahi client
    >>> on the picore (avahi does not work or is filtered out) or (more

    >> likely)
    >>> it is a network issue that prevents mDNS broadcast to be done from the
    >>> picore and reach your other network branches

    >>
    >>
    >> You nailed it. I had the avahi extension installed in piCorePlayer.
    >> Deleted it, and it is working.
    >>
    >> I can now see LMS and Main, i.e. all shairport players as AirPlay
    >> devices.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Rainer
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos
    >>> PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000,
    >>> ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi
    >>> B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010,
    >>> AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5
    >>>

    >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>> philippe_44's Profile:

    >> http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17261
    >>> View this thread:

    >> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=111309
    >>>
    >>>

    >
    > Usually avahi has this disable-other-stacks or something like that


    I remembered, that I wanted to have ssh and samba appear in the Bonjour clients in macOS, to make login and file access easier.

    But this did not work.

    Cheer and thanks again,

    Rainer


    >
    >
    >
    > LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos
    > PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000,
    > ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi
    > B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010,
    > AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > philippe_44's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17261
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=111309
    >
    >

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •