Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Jazz Groove Support

    I've been listening to The Jazz Groove 128K stream for about a year, just discovered that they have subscription based hi Rez streams available...its web protocols, browser only for now. Any of you Squeezebox app gurus Jazz fans who could whip something up for my trusty SB3 to get the higher bit rates?

    Didn't see any hits on Jazz Groove, if there's something out there already, please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    192

    URLs for JazzGroove

    Quote Originally Posted by dmcdayton View Post
    I've been listening to The Jazz Groove 128K stream for about a year, just discovered that they have subscription based hi Rez streams available...its web protocols, browser only for now. Any of you Squeezebox app gurus Jazz fans who could whip something up for my trusty SB3 to get the higher bit rates?

    Didn't see any hits on Jazz Groove, if there's something out there already, please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!
    No plugin, but there are direct links available for two of the streams See
    https://jazzgroove.org/listen?channel=mix1
    for details.
    The URL's are both MP3 128k:

    http://east-mp3-128.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream

    http://west-mp3-128.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream

    Enter in Tune In URL under radio and can be saved to favorites. Not the hi def streams, but a nice addition. Thanks for pointing this out....

  3. #3
    Senior Member bluetdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by ericj View Post
    No plugin, but there are direct links available for two of the streams See
    https://jazzgroove.org/listen?channel=mix1
    for details.
    The URL's are both MP3 128k:

    http://east-mp3-128.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream

    http://west-mp3-128.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream

    Enter in Tune In URL under radio and can be saved to favorites. Not the hi def streams, but a nice addition. Thanks for pointing this out....
    There are 64k aac-Streams too. All dont seem to show album-covers and station-icon at the moment.
    2xPi3-7"+pCP+LMS | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xBoom | 2xRadio | iPeng | [2xOdroid U3+m2p+LMS]

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetdi View Post
    There are 64k aac-Streams too. All dont seem to show album-covers and station-icon at the moment.
    The 64k AAC streams are what I use ...

    http://east-aac-64.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream

    http://west-aac-64.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream

    ... and they sound pretty good to me.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    The 64k AAC streams are what I use ...

    http://east-aac-64.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream

    http://west-aac-64.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream

    ... and they sound pretty good to me.
    Yeah the 128 sounds good on my SB3. The content is exceptionally well curated, have not found Jazz channel I’ve liked nearly as well. Their fund raising campaign is pretty heavy though right now. If I could get cd quality on SB3, I’d gladly kick in for the premo subscription.

  6. #6

    Options for login/URL?

    So anyone have any ideas how to pass user name/login via JazzGroove?

    This can't be that hard, if the browser can play hi Rez after logging in, surely SBT can be configured to pass that info as well can't it?

    Really jonesing for this one.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,972
    You could try contacting the broadcaster and ask them if they would like to help.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You could try contacting the broadcaster and ask them if they would like to help.
    I did. They responded with a diagram showing me to use my browser and connect my computer to my stereo.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcdayton View Post
    I did. They responded with a diagram showing me to use my browser and connect my computer to my stereo.
    !!!
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,972
    Based on what they show on their sign-up page ... this would require a plugin in LMS to make this work.

    Song Skips, Audiophile Fidelity and Fund Drive silencing are unavailable on third-party apps like iTunes, Tunein or The Jazz Groove’s current iPhone app because the technology is inside your web browser.
    from https://jazzgroove.org/premium
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •