Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stream.flc ?

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Is there a free trial for HD.

Maybe contact MyMedia authors to see what they actually offer for flac files - maybe they've changed the specs. They're slow to respond in my experience.
    Yes 90 days but it is only usable by 2nd Gen Echo’s and via their player on a PC or Smartphone app.

I’ve not tried MyMedia skill as my reading of it suggested that it doesn’t appear as a controllable player in LMS whereas Mediaserver does by virtue of its use of stream.mp3.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Curious, the bridge squeezelite produces http streams of various qualities on demand - if the bridge squeezelite (which we have total control) can't be modified produce a stream I wonder why modifying stream.mp3 (which is likely to have restrictions as it is using the same standard LMS stream to player code) would be easier.
    In the back of my mind I have a vague recollection of the problem being todo with device discovery.
    My simplified testing of the Mediaserver skill with the new Echo Flex and some Bluetooth speakers is enough to convince me that if HiRes can be achieved then the Echo Studio etc is going to become a viable SB player and that voice control of this and also SB and pseudo SB players is only going to get better and better.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Yes 90 days but it is only usable by 2nd Gen Echo’s and via their player on a PC or Smartphone app.

I’ve not tried MyMedia skill as my reading of it suggested that it doesn’t appear as a controllable player in LMS whereas Mediaserver does by virtue of its use of stream.mp3.
    No it's not a LMS player. But it does have a reasonable web-interface to access the indexing data - it runs a tiny server on a variety of devices - I use the same pi zero as LMS (and it's only 5 euro a year!). What I like is that you can use it on different internet access points (as a sort of cloud server). But then so does Mediaserver! (Almost too many choices really!)
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stream.flc ?

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    In the back of my mind I have a vague recollection of the problem being todo with device discovery.
    My simplified testing of the Mediaserver skill with the new Echo Flex and some Bluetooth speakers is enough to convince me that if HiRes can be achieved then the Echo Studio etc is going to become a viable SB player and that voice control of this and also SB and pseudo SB players is only going to get better and better.
    I did one special version of the bridge but there were issues mainly around controls (I don't remember the details). For example, the echo would not let me send play/pause commands so when you pause from LMS, similar to when using stream.mp3, there is huge uncontrollable delay and that makes the user experience unacceptable. The echo would grab as much data as it can and so unless we give it just what the bitrate requires, it would end up with that gigantic delay. At that time, the possibility to send commands either directly or through a skill did not exist, the echo would not let itself be controlled, it wanted to have control.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-11-29 at 22:32.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

The buffer can be emptied by a skill. It’s how I removed the latency with MediaServer. Every change to the playlist by voice just clears the buffer before sending the new stream. You indeed cannot do that from LMS but a skill can. So don’t let that worry you.

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/cu...m-requirements

This is the quoted spec for what the AudioPlayer interface supports. Max 384K and no FLAC. However, Amazon are famous for not updating docs. So maybe that interface had been upgraded, or maybe they’re using a different interface for HD. Should be trivial to test for. I’ll start a case asking about HD.

If somebody can tell me how to get a FLAC stream out of LMS then I can test how well the Echos can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried it with a FLAC file directly from a tiny test skill and a 'MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN' was returned, with silence from the Echo. I'll see what Amazon has to say about it.