Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    12

    Pi Zero-W and picoreplayer

    Am I the only one having problems connecting through wifi?
    I've tried with releases 4.1, 5.0 and 6 beta, on two different pi's, which both connect instantly when I boot Raspbian.

    What am I missing? What diagnostics would be useful? I can't see any mention of wifi in dmesg.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by grandwazoo View Post
    Am I the only one having problems connecting through wifi?
    I've tried with releases 4.1, 5.0 and 6 beta, on two different pi's, which both connect instantly when I boot Raspbian.

    What am I missing? What diagnostics would be useful? I can't see any mention of wifi in dmesg.
    I set up a Pi Zero WH with a HifiBerry Dac+ Zero lately and it works perfectly.

    Just downloaded v5.0, edited the wpa_supplicant.conf file accordingly and saved it on the card.
    After the boot, WiFi was present and I could set up the settings in Squeezelite.

    Have you tried the same steps, too?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    I set up a Pi Zero WH with a HifiBerry Dac+ Zero lately and it works perfectly.

    Just downloaded v5.0, edited the wpa_supplicant.conf file accordingly and saved it on the card.
    After the boot, WiFi was present and I could set up the settings in Squeezelite.

    Have you tried the same steps, too?
    Only about 50 times

  4. #4
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,934
    Most issues wifi issues with the PI are channel related.

    Are you setting the correct country code? What is your router configuration? Channel and Channel width. Some routers want to operate with a 40Mhz channel width, which the Pi will not work with.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Most issues wifi issues with the PI are channel related.

    Are you setting the correct country code? What is your router configuration? Channel and Channel width. Some routers want to operate with a 40Mhz channel width, which the Pi will not work with.
    The problem turned out to be that pcp didn't want to play with my Netgear Orbi mesh network. No idea why not - everything else I own (including pi's with USB dongles and zero-W's running standard Raspbian) works fine with it.

    I set wpa_supplicant.conf to point to a different access point and the player burst into life. I guess the answer lies somewhere within Tinycore Linux, but that's another kettle of fish I was hoping to steer clear of.....

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by grandwazoo View Post
    The problem turned out to be that pcp didn't want to play with my Netgear Orbi mesh network. No idea why not - everything else I own (including pi's with USB dongles and zero-W's running standard Raspbian) works fine with it.

    I set wpa_supplicant.conf to point to a different access point and the player burst into life. I guess the answer lies somewhere within Tinycore Linux, but that's another kettle of fish I was hoping to steer clear of.....
    The Orbi network is running on channel 13 BTW; the ap that did connect is on 11.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •