Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonstahl View Post
    This will probably sound weird but I use foobar2000 under Wine emulation. I haven't found any reasonable substitute for its Live Show Tagger plugin, which makes tagging live music downloads so much easier. Also it does a nice job calculating and applying ReplayGain.
    Hmm I just tried using Live Show Tagger and it named all the tracks "intro" even though the correct titles showed in the setlist window.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    For many years I've been using the long dead Media Rage software to manage my files' tags. It has done the job, I knew how to use it. Why bother switching?

Alas, it's 32-bit. Which means it doesn't run on macOS 10.15 Catalina anymore.

What should I be using now?
    I've been using Music Brainz for many years, quite accurate, love it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill0t View Post
    I've been using Music Brainz for many years, quite accurate, love it
    I looked into Music Brainz Picard the last weeks, but I think it don't likes me. I am trying to correct the tags of a few albums, but I don't find a way to do it.
    Music Brainz analyses the tracks of one album and found four albums. Now I don't know how I can manage to get all tracks into one album.
    Also I don't know why some tracks are doubled in the list. I find it really complicated to handle.

Do you know of a good and simple introduction how to do something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    I looked into Music Brainz Picard the last weeks, but I think it don't likes me. I am trying to correct the tags of a few albums, but I don't find a way to do it.
    Music Brainz analyses the tracks of one album and found four albums. Now I don't know how I can manage to get all tracks into one album.
    Also I don't know why some tracks are doubled in the list. I find it really complicated to handle.

Do you know of a good and simple introduction how to do something like this?
    https://www.mp3tag.de/en/mac-osx.html
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

I use Quod Libet to edit tags and filenames. Does all i need maybe you would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzuzu View Post
    I use Quod Libet to edit tags and filenames. Does all i need maybe you would like it.
    I also use QL/Ex Falso for tag editing. Unfortunately, it has some issues with network drives on Catalina (it still works, but only sort of).

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    For many years I've been using the long dead Media Rage software to manage my files' tags. It has done the job, I knew how to use it. Why bother switching?

Alas, it's 32-bit. Which means it doesn't run on macOS 10.15 Catalina anymore.

What should I be using now?
    I second Metadatics (from the App Store). It's very good, but limited in offering only MusicBrainz as online source.

Quote Originally Posted by rlsx View Post
    I second Metadatics (from the App Store). It's very good, but limited in offering only MusicBrainz as online source.
    No one else has recommended Metadatics as far as I can see

In the mp3tag forum people are reporting that it works when using Crossover 19
    https://www.codeweavers.com/about/bl...f-crossover-19

Thanks guys! I gave yates, metadatics, Tagr and Meta a quick look, a trial where available. In the end I bought Meta from the author directly. It's not cheaper than on the store, but I hope he touches more of my money than through Apple.

As it's been light testing (I don't tag much any more nowadays...) the decision was made based on probably stupid criteria: ease of use (for my use case), developer activity, and responsiveness of the developer. I sent out a few mails with questions I had regarding the products. And Meta's author was super helpful and quick. The features I need they likely cover all easily.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)