Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker View Post
    "sync is lost" means that one player is 200,300 or 500ms behind the other and then both players play but did not sync again.
    And this happens suddenly within a second.
    This could be something that altering the player sync setting might help as they may be too "tight" for your current setup (e.g. BT may add extra delay)

I will test a view things the next days(change BT-Speaker to analog output, change WLAN to ethernet, play long local tracks).
    Sync works best with similar player and similar connections. Try to get similar setup and if it works, then test changing only one things at a time.

How can i change the log-options to see the sync in a log-file?
    WebUI Settings/Advanced/Logging - set player.sync to INFO.
    Note time when you start & end test test so that you see the relevant entries in the server.log

In the server.prefs i find 10 clients, but i only have 3. Can i delete the server.prefs?
    It has all your LMS server settings so if you delete it you will lose all LMS settings and have to set LMS up again.

In the past, you may used some software players or if MAC address of players have changed.
    I'm guessing you are using a software player for the BT speaker. if so then sync will be with the software player not the BT speaker. If it is a bridge player with something like Airplay, Chromecast or UPNP, it may have its own special sync settings
    The hifiberry DAC will also be using squeezelite which again may have changed its mac address depending on your setup.
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-11-23 at 16:06.

Both Players working with squeezelite.

At the moment i think it is a BT-Problem.

The BT-Speaker has an AUX-IN with audio-jack. If i connect the Player that normaly is connected per BT to the speaker directly with audio-jack the i-net stream works for hours and stays in sync.

So i need a solution for the BT-Problem:-)

greets,
    sky

Both Players working with squeezelite.
    OK

At the moment i think it is a BT-Problem.

The BT-Speaker has an AUX-IN with audio-jack. If i connect the Player that normaly is connected per BT to the speaker directly with audio-jack the i-net stream works for hours and stays in sync.

So i need a solution for the BT-Problem:-)
    BT and Wifi can often operate on roughly same 2.4GHz frequency and so if in close proximity they can interfere with each other

If Wifi is a USB stick - put on a USB cable and move it away from BT

Other possibility is to use 5GHz wifi - not always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    OK

BT and Wifi can often operate on roughly same 2.4GHz frequency and so if in close proximity they can interfere with each other

If Wifi is a USB stick - put on a USB cable and move it away from BT

Other possibility is to use 5GHz wifi - not always possible.
    The player who usually uses BT is connected per ethernet. The second Player is connected per 5GHz wifi.
    i have to test some more things. At the moment it seems that exactly at the moment in which a resync takes place through the LMS the sync is lost. Maybe the BT-offset in the pCP will not considered for the resync.

Maybe the BT-offset in the pCP will not considered for the resync.
    LMS only knows the delay from the Squeezelite player - so if there is some extra processing (alsa, resampling) after "driver" - LMS will not know about it.

A fixed extra delay can usually be handled by WebUI Setting/Player/Audio Delay. Your problem appears to be - when playing they are OK (i.e. in good sync so no need for audio delay) but when LMS detects players going out of sync and tries to inject "gaps" to get resync back - problem happen. That "feels" like an interaction at OS level between squeezelite/audio driver and BT subsystem - I'm assuming squeezelite is running on a system (e.g. Pi) which has BT hardware onboard (i.e. it is not a separate BT transmitter adaptor connected to LMS server audio out)

I'm assuming squeezelite is running on a system (e.g. Pi) which has BT hardware onboard (i.e. it is not a separate BT transmitter adaptor connected to LMS server audio out)
    In my case squeezelite is part of the picoreplayer(v. 6b7) on an Pi 3B+. The picoreplayer has the possibility to define a BT Delay in the BT-Section ond i hoped that works all the time.
    It seems that this Delay only work when i start playing.

I will make more tests in the next days.

In my case squeezelite is part of the picoreplayer(v. 6b7) on an Pi 3B+. T
    You didn't say before you were using pcp.

There is strange issue about sync affect some PCP users. see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post947365

Can't be certain this is your problem but it's good to be aware of it.

edit:
    Also comment from one of PCP'd developers on BT and sync
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post931371
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-11-25 at 15:29.

You didn't say before you were using pcp.
    In my first Post and in the Title.......anyway......thank you.

In my first Post and in the Title.......anyway......thank you.
    Sorry - somehow I was blind to that - very obvious now that I look again at the first post.