Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't connect Touch Players to Media Server

For some reason my 3 Touch Players are not connecting to the LMS. I've got them all connected to my PC via ethernet. LMS is on my PC. Today I tried to play a playlist via Spotty but the home screen had reverted to a basic version with no Spotty etc. I had upgraded to the latest server version (LogitechMediaServer-7.9.2-1573685519.exe) the day before. I've never had any problems with this in the past. Diagnostics on control panel are all OK. It appears to me that the players are not connecting to LMS. I've rebooted the payers, I've reverted back to the previous LMS version just to check but no joy. I've reconnected to ethernet via networking in advanced settings and all the players connect ok. Not sure what to do next. Would be grateful for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by stroudpete View Post
    For some reason my 3 Touch Players are not connecting to the LMS. I've got them all connected to my PC via ethernet. LMS is on my PC. Today I tried to play a playlist via Spotty but the home screen had reverted to a basic version with no Spotty etc. I had upgraded to the latest server version (LogitechMediaServer-7.9.2-1573685519.exe) the day before. I've never had any problems with this in the past. Diagnostics on control panel are all OK. It appears to me that the players are not connecting to LMS. I've rebooted the payers, I've reverted back to the previous LMS version just to check but no joy. I've reconnected to ethernet via networking in advanced settings and all the players connect ok. Not sure what to do next. Would be grateful for any advice.
    You say all your Touches are connected to your PC via ethernet, they should be connected to your router. Or is that what you meant.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Have you tried selecting "My Music" on the Touch players? This should produce a prompt to connect to LMS.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You say all your Touches are connected to your PC via ethernet, they should be connected to your router. Or is that what you meant.
    Yes that is what I meant. The PC has LMS and is also connected to the router via ethernet.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Have you tried selecting "My Music" on the Touch players? This should produce a prompt to connect to LMS.

When I do this it tries to connect to my PC.

When I do this it tries to connect to my PC.
    Does it connect. If LMS is on your PC then it probably appears under the name of your PC on the Touch.

I've sorted it. I installed some new anti-virus software in the past couple of days. I disabled it and now the players can connect to LMS. Bingo!

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

I've sorted it. I installed some new anti-virus software in the past couple of days. I disabled it and now the players can connect to LMS. Bingo!
    Glad you fixed it. Firewalls and anti-virus software often cause problems.

For the record, which AV software was it?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi