Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

SqueezeAMP: it's here

If you have been following the discussions here https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ueezeliteESP32 and there https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ueezeAMP-boxes, I'm happy to announce that I've received the first batch of 30, so the squeezeAMP is now available.

It is the 2-cells version, but you can make it a 3 cells if you want by changing 3/4 components.

If you want one or more, let me know here or at s q u e e z e a m p a t o u t l o o k d o t c o m (for the ones that already sent me a mail, your request is registered). If somebody wants to organize a "hub" in Europe, I can send a batch. The cost is 65USD per unit + shipment, please remember that I'm mot making any margin of any kind here. It's just the cost of PCBWay + shipment/taxes (BTW, PCBWay has done a fantastic job, I highly recommend them).

There is a version with no connector soldered so that you can integrate it the way you want (all unsoldered connectors are shipped with it) and a version with all connectors mounted.

With @chill we should be able very soon to have a nice acrylic enclosure, but otherwise you can 3D print yours or fit it inside another device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Batch_30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	1578229
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-11-19, 16:25.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3
  • RobbH
    • Jun 2017

I'm guessing that email should be s q u e e z e a m p a t o u t l o o k d o t c o m (outlook, not outook). Correct? Attempted to PM, but it appears to have been unsuccessful.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players. Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

• philippe_44
      • May 2008

Originally posted by RobbH
      I'm guessing that email should be s q u e e z e a m p a t o u t l o o k d o t c o m (outlook, not outook). Correct? Attempted to PM, but it appears to have been unsuccessful.
      Yes you're absolutely correct - I've updated the post
      LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• philippe_44
        • May 2008

SqueezeAMP: it's here

I have currently requests for ~20 units, mainly in EU so I plan to bring some with me when I'll be there in a few weeks and dispatch them "locally".

Is there somebody who wants to be a proxy for future requests in EU? I would then bring a larger batch and send them to her/him. No need to pay anything, it will be between the final buyer and me, you would just ship when there is a request.

That would simply be faster and cheaper than sending from NAM.
        Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-11-24, 08:24.

Comment

• pbg4
          • Feb 2014

Hi,

@Philippe, of course I can help you distributing the units over here in EU,.. just send a PM to you for the details,..

best wishes pbg4

Comment

• slimhase
            • Jul 2009

I would offer hub-help as well. I am located in Germany and a couple of werks/month per year in northern Italy
            LMS 8.x on RasPi4 (running along with OMV and AdGuard)
            Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
            2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero

Comment

• philippe_44
              • May 2008

Originally posted by pbg4
              Hi,

@Philippe, of course I can help you distributing the units over here in EU,.. just send a PM to you for the details,..

best wishes pbg4
              Originally posted by slimhase
              I would offer hub-help as well. I am located in Germany and a couple of werks/month per year in northern Italy
              Thanks to you both. Michael reminded me as well that I need to find boxes. I'll look for that in the coming days

Comment

• philippe_44
                • May 2008

All 30 boards have now been loaded with a recovery firmware made by @sle118. When receiving them and upon powering them up, they will act as WiFi hotspot so you can connect your wireless system, open a browser and from there connect to your WiFi home network and download the full firmware. Should ship soon now!

Comment

• philippe_44
                  • May 2008

the white edition

Just for fun, enjoy the "white" SqueezeAMP limited edition

No good for heat dissipation, but fun look I think

Name:	IMG_5281-web.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1567456Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5282-web.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1567455

(it's not photoshop)
                  Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-12-01, 01:54.

Comment

• chill
                    • Mar 2007

The Christmas edition :-)

Do the LEDs twinkle gently, in 6 pre-programmed sequences?

Comment

• KeBul
                      • Sep 2009

Hi Philippe,

Is this a one off production run or do you plan do do more if demand requires it?

Cheers

Kev

Comment

• philippe_44
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by KeBul
                        Hi Philippe,

Is this a one off production run or do you plan do do more if demand requires it?

Cheers

Kev
                        I will if there is enough demand

Comment

• philippe_44
                          • May 2008

White edition in the @chill box

Name:	IMG_5306.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1567511Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5310.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1567509Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5311.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1567510

Comment

• KeBul
                            • Sep 2009

Pretty cool, I think.

What's the story behind the white edition? - a one off?

Kev
                            Last edited by KeBul; 2019-12-07, 20:19.

Comment

• philippe_44
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by KeBul
                              Pretty cool, I think.

What's the story behind the white edition? - a one off?

Kev
                              Yes, just a one off to try. I was also making some tweaks to the boost version around the battery connector (double footprint) so I decided to order a white PCB

Comment

Working...