Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Blocked out of LMS

Fiddling with settings in LMS's browser interface, for some reason in Advanced/Security I changed Block Incoming Connections to Block.

Now, of course, I can't get to the server with any of my players, and I can't get back into the browser (or the pref panel) -- I'm blocked! --- to change the setting back.

A bit like being locked out of your house because the key is locked inside.

I'm on MacOS 10.14.6, LMS 7.9.1.

Can't think what to do. Probably something obvious, but don't know what.

Help!

Like when locking your keys in the house ... you need to go around the back to see if there are any windows open.

In this case ... find your slimserver/prefs/server.prefs and have a look through it (it is a text file).
    (the path for this is in LMS web interface under Settings/Information/Preferences Folder)

Somewhere in server.prefs will be the field for this ...

If you find it you can probably set it to 0 or remove the line ... but don't do that until you have made a backup of the file AND shutdown LMS (because it can write out to the prefs file when it exits so your change would be lost).

Check the file permisssions and ownership before and after you edit it and make sure that they are the same.

Then restart LMS
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Thanks, Paul. Will give it a try later. One point tho: I can't close LMS, because the sysytem prefs place, where I usually switch the server off and on when required, is also not seeing it. So when I click Stop Server, nothing happens. Is there another way to do it?

Blocked out of LMS

> Thanks, Paul. Will give it a try later. One point tho: I can't close
    > LMS, because the sysytem prefs place, where I usually switch the server
    > off and on when required, is also not seeing it. So when I click Stop
    > Server, nothing happens. Is there another way to do it?

/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/Resources/stop-server.sh

--

Michael

Thanks both, will give it a whirl later and report back.

Gentlemen, ta very much, those tips worked to get me back and running with LMS.

As I and many others have said before, what on earth would we do without such helpful people at this helpful forum?

Before I go...

In case anyone in the future is as daft as me (and using MacOS) and lands here for advice...

To manually turn the server off when access is blocked, Michael's path is accurate. Open that text file, copy it, paste it into Terminal, and return. LMS is off.

Path to the server,prefs is:

~/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/server.prefs

Open with Textedit or similar. The relevant line to change to a 0 is "ts_allowedHosts:"

Start LMS in usual way. All good. Thank your helpers.