Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Try editing with Notepad+ (download it) not notepad.
    Then check the setting for Line Endings for the file and set it to Unix (not Windows) and the format to be ANSI/ASCII not Utf-8 and not with a BOM (will be clear from the menus).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Then check the setting for Line Endings for the file and set it to Unix (not Windows) and the format to be ANSI/ASCII not Utf-8 and not with a BOM (will be clear from the menus).
    I bet that is the issue. I had issues when I edited a file with notepad.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Which version of Notepad+ ???

I downloaded it from Microsoft app store, but I am not able to edit any settings:

Name:  notepad+-settings.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  54.4 KB

Notepad+ is greyed out.....
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Guestroom: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

Quote Originally Posted by callesoroe View Post
    Which version of Notepad+ ???

I downloaded it from Microsoft app store, but I am not able to edit any settings:

Name:  notepad+-settings.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  54.4 KB

Notepad+ is greyed out.....
    It's actually Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Strange. If I change the line back to
    flc flc * *
    -
    in the custom-convert file the MP3 is still gone......... So something must go wrong in the edit mode...... Maybe NULLs or something strange....

I am on LMS version Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1558382969 @ Tue May 21 06:27:23 CEST 2019
    Don't forget to check the convert.conf file as well

There is no line ending issues with the custom-convert.conf file you posted - so do you have multiple versions ?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    It's actually Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    This was really a good shot that I believed in. BUT ..... Still the same

The sox command seems to do the right thing. The stuttering sound disapears from Tidal, but radio streaming is still silent. Here from the log:

[19-11-16 14:48:23.7997] Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (422) errorNeedsClient: 02:20:8e:7b:a8:5f, status, -, 1, tags:JjaldBxKAc, subscribe:60
    [19-11-16 14:50:18.5547] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: open2: exec of # Non-mp3 starts here failed: No such file or directory at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/Pipeline.pm line 138.
    ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTP=GLOB(0x9f 73a18)

And this comes too on the pi console:

/usr/local/slimserver/bin/armhf-linux/sox FAIL sox `-┤ error writing output file: Broken pipe
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Guestroom: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.

/usr/local/slimserver/bin/armhf-linux/sox FAIL sox `-┤ error writing output file: Broken pipe
    That's normal - most people don't run LMS from a console and don't see the message. edit: Does this message appears after TIDAL has run and stopped or when MP3 stream is attempted with nothign else playing ?

The parsing of the conf file seems to be reading the line for "mp3 mp3" but on the second line which has a "-" the line ending is not being understood and so it takes the "# Non-Mp3" as part of the command. Strange is that if this is the scenario I would expect a "- # Non -MP3" in the log and not just "# Non-MP3"

To confirm what is happening. Enable player.source logging DEBUG level to be enabled at startup to see how LMS is parsing each line of all the conf files. Then, note time, restart LMS and copy of log from noted time to up & ready LMS. Zip and post the copy of the log.

Do you have other plugins installed which have custom-convert.conf file ? Any one of these could source as well as convert.conf . The log may help pin it down.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    That's normal - most people don't run LMS from a console and don't see the message. edit: Does this message appears after TIDAL has run and stopped or when MP3 stream is attempted with nothign else playing ?

The parsing of the conf file seems to be reading the line for "mp3 mp3" but on the second line which has a "-" the line ending is not being understood and so it takes the "# Non-Mp3" as part of the command. Strange is that if this is the scenario I would expect a "- # Non -MP3" in the log and not just "# Non-MP3"

To confirm what is happening. Enable player.source logging DEBUG level to be enabled at startup to see how LMS is parsing each line of all the conf files. Then, note time, restart LMS and copy of log from noted time to up & ready LMS. Zip and post the copy of the log.

Do you have other plugins installed which have custom-convert.conf file ? Any one of these could source as well as convert.conf . The log may help pin it down.
    The Broken pipe message comes when you skip a song in Tidal. That makes sense....

I have attached the log with debug player.source .

I do not edit other custom-conf files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Callesoroe

another thought to aid diagnosis ...

Did you start LMS and then set debug on player.source ?
    I suspect you did because I don't see logging for the conversion tables being read in.

So ... can you set the flag to "Save logging settings for use at next application restart" at the top of the logging set-up page
    and then restart LMS.
    I think that this will then generate more logging as LMS starts up because it reads in the conversion tables at the start.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

I have attached the log with debug player.source ..
    The log does not seem to be from startup - follow Paul's advice.

For this log reading & parsing the conf file - there is no need for play any stream or files - in fact better NOT to play anything as with DEBUG it generates unnecessary messages.