Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Restore 'New Music' list

When I do a full rescan, I lose the contents of the New Music top level menu item - it then seems to be filled either with random albums or the most recently scanned ones.

If the list is in an SQLite database, I might be able to export the list, then import an SQL file after the scan. The SQlite databases are in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/. Is the new music list contained in one of them?

Thanks,
    Ironopolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironopolis View Post
    When I do a full rescan, I lose the contents of the New Music top level menu item - it then seems to be filled either with random albums or the most recently scanned ones.
    If the list is in an SQLite database, I might be able to export the list, then import an SQL file after the scan. The SQlite databases are in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/. Is the new music list contained in one of them?
    Pretty sure it's generated on the fly (based on modification dates of files, which are stored in the DB during the scan).
    SQL (library.db):
    Code:
    select distinct album from tracks where album not null order by timestamp desc limit 20
    compare with JSONRPC query:
    Code:
    curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["-", ["albums", 0, 20,"sort:new","tags:al"]]}' "http://lmsserver:9000/jsonrpc.js"
    try comparing the results of those before/after scan.
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...