Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SB2/3 remote control up/down button function

Everyone,

I currently use SB2/3s with both the old style Slimdevices remote and the newer "candy bar" Logitech remote. Recently I "lost" my SDT screensaver display. I made online searches, checked LMS settings and did much fiddling with the buttons on the remote. I finally found that, with the SB off, pushing the up or down button of the remote brought the SDT display back. GREAT, I had my screensaver back!!

But I have a question. I also found that if I pressed the up or down button multiple times, 8 to be exact, that I would get 4 lit displays and 4 blank screens; interestingly, while 3 of the lit displays were the same 1 display had different sunrise/sunset times and rain chance percentage. So I have a question. What is the screen displaying when I am pressing the up/down remote key when the SB is turned off? Does anyone know?

Thanks,

EEYORE

Missing data?

In my experience SDT will in some cases display almost nothing if you scroll to a screen for which it has no data. For instance my locally modified copy can fetch current weather but not forecasts, so I see very empty screens if I scroll, as it tries to display nonexistent forecast data when I do.
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.com/
    (which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Quote Originally Posted by peterw View Post
    Missing data?

In my experience SDT will in some cases display almost nothing if you scroll to a screen for which it has no data. For instance my locally modified copy can fetch current weather but not forecasts, so I see very empty screens if I scroll, as it tries to display nonexistent forecast data when I do.
    peterw,

There is no missing data in the 4 lit displays but 1 of them does have different information shown; sunset/sunrise times and chance of rain percentage.

If the up/down keys are displaying SDT data is there somewhere that shows or allows setting of the information that will be shown in each of the 8 display screens; lit and unlit?

EEYORE