Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I did notice that the strings are not in
    stringcache.aarch64-linux.bin
    Why would LMS be using aarch64 in the stringcache? Does LMS use (uname) anywhere? I thought it only looked at the perl arch string?

    I know you are running a 64bit kernel, but the userspace should all be 32 bit (armhf)
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,879
    There is a comment about it in utils/Strings.pm
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

  3. #13
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,336
    Are these the lines you are talking about?

    Code:
    	# Add the os arch to the cache file name, to avoid crashes when going
    	# between 32-bit and 64-bit perl for example
    	$stringCache .= '.' . Slim::Utils::OSDetect::details()->{osArch} . '.bin';
    Which could come from this.....in Slim/Utils/OS/Linux.pm
    Code:
    $class->{osDetails}->{osArch} = $Config{'myarchname'};
    Which comes from the Perl module Config, which would contain the compile time configuration data of perl......so it should only match the archname of the perl binary, not necessarily uname -m

    I was just trying to check to make sure I didn't have anything odd with pCP and our PI4 configuration with the 64bit kernel.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,879
    That is what I was referring to ... I went digging when trying to find out what happens when strings.txt files are processed.
    I did not work out where the various substrings came from but at least I could see the sort of name I was looking for and then sorted by date to find it.

    Maybe a quick regex in the string reading code to handle the various different line-endings would help a bit.
    I guess that if I had been running LMS on Windows then the import of the strings would have worked.

    Suggestion ... an update to the wiki to state what line endings should be used
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Strings
    or change the software so that it is not important
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •