Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Root user on pi. Need to edit convert.conf file

Hi

After switching to LMS on pi I got my old problem with stuttering sound on some tracks from Tidal back.
    I got rid of the problem by editing convert.conf file with this:

flc flc * *
    [SOX] -t flac $FILE$ -t flac -

But I can only log into my pi with the tc user, and it is not allowed to change anything.
    The pi login does not work with standard password raspberry ??? I have not changed it...... ???

I don't know the root password ?????

Any ideas what to do ???
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Guestroom: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

That file(an most files) is on a read only file system. Create a custom convert, and then upload it from the pCP lms web page
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    That file(an most files) is on a read only file system. Create a custom convert, and then upload it from the pCP lms web page
    Hmm. I made a mistake. I uploaded the modified convert.conf file, and now nothing works. How do i revert.. ? I saw that a backup was taken, but I don't no where it is stored ??

What shall be in the custom convert file ???

Log says:

[19-11-10 21:09:02.9399] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1558382969, Tue May 21 06:27:23 CEST 2019) perl 5.028000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [19-11-10 21:09:09.0842] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_valuesort.sql : No such file or directory
    [19-11-10 21:09:09.0854] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_extravalue.sql : No such file or directory
    [19-11-10 21:09:09.0865] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_valuetype.sql : No such file or directory

I have removed the custom convert file and restartet. It says LMS is running but can not reach it ip:9000 through browser. Does it do a full rescan so that it will take som time??
    Last edited by callesoroe; 2019-11-10 at 13:48.
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Guestroom: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.

Even if its scanning, you should be able to reach the interface. Make sure you restart the server after removing, I just noticed it doesn't restart automatically.

The custom convert would follow the same format as convert.conf.
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-11-10 at 16:46.

Even if its scanning, you should be able to reach the interface. Make sure you restart the server after removing, I just noticed it doesn't restart automatically.

The custom convert would follow the same format as convert.conf.
    New upload and after waiting long time, it became ready. But it will not play Tidal flac files with this

flc flc * *
    [SOX] -t flac $FILE$ -t flac -

in the custom_convert.conf file.

On the pi console it writes:
    /usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux/sox FAIL sox `-┤ error writing output file: Broken pipe

In LMS log:

19-11-11 18:30:07.2877] Slim::Player::Song:pen (410) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [wimp://98491598.flac]
    [19-11-11 18:30:07.8517] Slim::Player::Song:pen (410) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [wimp://98491600.flac]
    [19-11-11 18:30:08.4310] Slim::Player::Song:pen (410) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [wimp://98491615.flac]
    [19-11-11 18:30:08.9845] Slim::Player::Song:pen (410) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [wimp://98491607.flac]
    [19-11-11 18:30:09.5312] Slim::Player::Song:pen (410) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [wimp://98491605.flac]
    [19-11-11 18:30:10.0848] Slim::Player::Song:pen (410) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [wimp://98491610.flac]
    [19-11-11 18:30:10.6145] Slim::Player::Song:pen (410) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [wimp://98491603.flac]
    [19-11-11 18:30:11.1567] Slim::Player::Song:pen (410) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [wimp://98491614.flac]

This works fine in the LMS 9.1 on my ReadyNas ?? (With no stuttering sound)

Is SOX not available on the Pi version ????
    Callesoroe

sox is there, but would definitely be a different version than in 7.9.1. My suspicion is that you are not muting the output from the sox command. Make it quiet by adding a -q command line option.

Look at other sox based lines in convert.conf, and try to copy. something similar. Perhaps test from command line in a ssh session.
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-11-11 at 11:15.

sox is there, but would definitely be a different version than in 7.9.1. My suspicion is that you are not muting the output from the sox command. Make it quiet by adding a -q command line option.

Look at other sox based lines in convert.conf, and try to copy. something similar. Perhaps test from command line in a ssh session.
    Putting -q in front of the [sox] command did the trick. Now Tidal plays again and no stuttering.. Thanks Paul!!

Now I only have two annoying but not blocking things. I don't understand that when LMS restarts it takes about 2 hours before I can access it again??? I don't know what it is doing ??? Does it start scanning after a LMS restart ??? or can it
    my trackstat database the Pi is struggling with ?? The pi main page starts immedately and have fine response. It also says LMS is running but you can not access it before about 2 hours ???

I also still see som of the "broken pipe" messages on the console, but they don't seem to have any impact.
    Callesoroe

I would bet track stat is causing this hang . Iĺve seen other reports of it. Maybe turn up the logging for that plugin, and see what it says.

I would bet track stat is causing this hang . Iĺve seen other reports of it. Maybe turn up the logging for that plugin, and see what it says.
    I disabled trackstat startup refresh and then start up is very quick.

But now I found another problem. I can not enable MP3 in file settings. I have installed lame. I can not listen to radio stations sending in MP3 format. Why can I not change the setting when lame is installed ???

Name:  lamesettings.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  151.1 KB
    Name:  mp3settings.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  74.9 KB
    Callesoroe

What are you playing to. pCP/squeezelite devices support mp3 natively.