Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    St Albans, United Kingdom
    Posts
    217

    "Look for new and changed media fies" refuses to find tracks that were once missing

    After a power cut, my LMS (running on a Pi) booted before my NAS (where my media library resides) and thus the media share was not mounted. Attempting to play an album, quickly failed to find the first five tracks (before I stopped it and realised the problem) and as a result those tracks got automatically removed from the library.

    My problem now is, after remounting the media share, and performing a database scan, those files never get restore to the database. I've tried changing the files timestamps (so they appear to be "changed media files") and re-scanning, but they don't restore. I've then tried deleting the album folder in question, then re-scanning (the album goes away) and then copying the folder back again and then re-scanning, and STILL those first 5 tracks won't restore to the database. Where are these 5 tracks marked as "PERMANENTLY BROKEN AND DON'T EVER TRY TO SCAN THESE AGAIN!!!" and how to I fix this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,098
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwookie View Post
    After a power cut, my LMS (running on a Pi) booted before my NAS (where my media library resides) and thus the media share was not mounted. Attempting to play an album, quickly failed to find the first five tracks (before I stopped it and realised the problem) and as a result those tracks got automatically removed from the library.

    My problem now is, after remounting the media share, and performing a database scan, those files never get restore to the database. I've tried changing the files timestamps (so they appear to be "changed media files") and re-scanning, but they don't restore. I've then tried deleting the album folder in question, then re-scanning (the album goes away) and then copying the folder back again and then re-scanning, and STILL those first 5 tracks won't restore to the database. Where are these 5 tracks marked as "PERMANENTLY BROKEN AND DON'T EVER TRY TO SCAN THESE AGAIN!!!" and how to I fix this?
    Not clear whether you have tried a Full Clear & Rescan
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    St Albans, United Kingdom
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Not clear whether you have tried a Full Clear & Rescan
    No, but I was hoping to avoid that in order to keep my "New Music" and other library statistics.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,845
    "New Music" uses the file date rather than when the scan found it - so Clear and Rescan should not cause a problem there.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    St Albans, United Kingdom
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    "New Music" uses the file date rather than when the scan found it - so Clear and Rescan should not cause a problem there.
    Ok, that's good to know. It would be nice to understand the mechanism that's causing these tracks to get ignored on a "new and changed" scan though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •