Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member kappclark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern VT, USA
    Posts
    122

    Must use Advanced Search to show genre results ..

    I have noticed that searching for songs w/in a particular genre does not show all of the songs..this is a recent build using Ubuntu + LMS .. both players work fine, and rescannong library takes next to no time...

    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:25:29 CEST 2018
    Hostname: ubuntu-lms
    Server IP Address: 10.209.162.115
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 2



    When I search Genre for "80s" I get 16 songs ... which is way off... rescanning library doesn't help...

    If I goto Advanced Search, and use the Genre Search drop-down, I get the correct results (579) ... (so the tagging sw appears to be working - I am using Puddletag)

    Is this a know issue ? No biggie, of course, but perhaps a loose end ?? Maybe a remedy ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member kappclark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern VT, USA
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by kappclark View Post
    I have noticed that searching for songs w/in a particular genre does not show all of the songs..this is a recent build using Ubuntu + LMS .. both players work fine, and rescannong library takes next to no time...

    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:25:29 CEST 2018
    Hostname: ubuntu-lms
    Server IP Address: 10.209.162.115
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 2



    When I search Genre for "80s" I get 16 songs ... which is way off... rescanning library doesn't help...

    If I goto Advanced Search, and use the Genre Search drop-down, I get the correct results (579) ... (so the tagging sw appears to be working - I am using Puddletag)

    Is this a know issue ? No biggie, of course, but perhaps a loose end ?? Maybe a remedy ?
    ------------------------------------
    Follow-up on Genre listing issue ..


    If I use Puddletag to create a NEW genre for a group of records, then, after rescan, the new genre shows up, but from main menu under Genre - i click on new genre but no items are listed...BUT if I change the genre of music files to an existing genre, then, after rescan, the items are properly listed under Genres.

    I have cleared database and dis complete rescan, but no luck,,As before, the advanced search will display the records when searching by newly created genre...

    So, the tagging sw (Puddletag) is tagging the records correctly, but I cannot list newly tagged records by genre from the main menu (it shows empty) , but I can using advanced search ...

    I am wondering if someone cld try to reproduce this on their LMS -- Maybe there is a server setting that can fix this ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by kappclark View Post
    ------------------------------------
    Follow-up on Genre listing issue ..


    If I use Puddletag to create a NEW genre for a group of records, then, after rescan, the new genre shows up, but from main menu under Genre - i click on new genre but no items are listed...BUT if I change the genre of music files to an existing genre, then, after rescan, the items are properly listed under Genres.

    I have cleared database and dis complete rescan, but no luck,,As before, the advanced search will display the records when searching by newly created genre...

    So, the tagging sw (Puddletag) is tagging the records correctly, but I cannot list newly tagged records by genre from the main menu (it shows empty) , but I can using advanced search ...

    I am wondering if someone cld try to reproduce this on their LMS -- Maybe there is a server setting that can fix this ?
    Just to oblige ...

    3 albums by "Alice Watts" I've never bothered giving a genre (I'm not a genre fanboy).

    Using mp3Tag, I gave them a genre " "AliceWattsMusic".

    Did a clear & rescan.

    Albums appear under the new genre.

    Name:  newgenre01.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  152.2 KB

    Name:  newgenre02.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  157.4 KB

    Name:  newgenre03.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  91.0 KB

    Name:  newgenre04.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  10.6 KB

    Name:  newgenre05.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  35.1 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  4. #4
    Senior Member kappclark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern VT, USA
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Just to oblige ...

    3 albums by "Alice Watts" I've never bothered giving a genre (I'm not a genre fanboy).

    Using mp3Tag, I gave them a genre " "AliceWattsMusic".

    Did a clear & rescan.

    Albums appear under the new genre.
    ]
    Thank you -- the mystery continues for me ...

    I have a windows 10 vm which I can install the mp3tag sw on and re-tag some files -- see what happens... -- this seems to be the next logical step ....

  5. #5
    Senior Member kappclark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern VT, USA
    Posts
    122
    **********
    MP3tag on Windows 10 VM -- took 10 BB King songs - removed all tags. Re-Tagged all files using mp3tag with Genre BBKing -- added to library on server - rescanned folder -- Genre showed up, but same phenomenon...when I click on the Genre BBKing, it says Empty, but if I choose Add to Plalist, all the songs appear on the right pane... I am using Firefox browser - re-tagging with existing Genre works fine ....
    --
    Thank you for checking this out -- I will continue trying other settings etc ...

    Cold up here in VT !

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,173
    Check your respective scanner version numbers?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •