Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve-g
    • Dec 2011

Composers in All Artist List

I'm in the process of trying to sort my artist tags and being confused (very easy to do!) as composers also appear in the all artist list.

I can't find anywhere to stop this behaviour - is it possible to prevent composers being shown?

I suspect that I may be missing something obvious but maybe not.

Thanks
  • SpiderJon
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by steve-g
    I'm in the process of trying to sort my artist tags and being confused (very easy to do!) as composers also appear in the all artist list.

I can't find anywhere to stop this behaviour - is it possible to prevent composers being shown?

Thanks

In Settings > My Music, check whether the Composers box is ticked in the "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists" section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2019-10-26_12-41-16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1567250
    Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS running on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian 10) + OMV on a Pi4 (4GB RAM) in an Argon Neo case.

Comment

• TimT
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by SpiderJon
      In Settings > My Music, check whether the Composers box is ticked in the "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists" section.

[ATTACH]28400[/ATTACH]
      In my setup, Composers box is not ticked.

Assume Johannes Brahms is the Composer, and Radu Lupu is performing Piano Sonata No. 3.

Composer tag = Brahms, Johannes
      Album tag = Piano Sonata No. 3 in F minor, Op. 5
      Artist tag = ?

Is Artist tag = Radu Lupu, the Composer's name appears nowhere in the Now Playing screen of LMS or Orange Squeeze (or any other apps I've used).
      If Artist tag is left blank, "No Artist" appears on the Now Playing screen.

Is there a solution?

Comment

• steve-g
        • Dec 2011

I Don't see that option - this is what I get:
        Attached Files

Comment

• steve-g
          • Dec 2011

Ah OK I see how to get it - and on that option composer is not ticked.

Have tried with that option selected and it hasn't made any difference - still getting composers in the all artist list.

Comment

• slartibartfast
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by steve-g

Thanks
            Are you using two lists or a single configurable list of artists?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
            Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
            Bedroom: Radio
            Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• steve-g
              • Dec 2011

I was using two seperate lists - just trying single configurable list - while this does not include composers in the list it only seems to have Album artists.

I have lots of compilation albums so have a lot of artists that don't have albums so a large number of artist don't appear in the single album list

Would probably get used to a single list IF it showed all the artists.

Comment

• steve-g
                • Dec 2011

Um - if I tick the "List compilation albums under each artist" option then the artist list shows all artists - not sure what effect this will have elsewhere though.

I'll use it like this for a bit and see how I go..

Comment

• tv69
                  • Aug 2009

Is it possible to have selected "use two separate lists for Albums Artists and All Artists" and NOT have composer data show up under artists?

Comment

• schup011
                    • Jan 2017

I have separate lists for composers, artists, conductors, bands (i.e. orchestras) and album artists (very few of those), as typical for classical music.

I have set "Separate lists for album artists and all artists".

The lists are all behaving well, I just had to do one trick in order to prevent LMS from showing "No artist" if the artist field was empty (only band and/or conductor filled): I filled all empty album artist fields with a special space (ASCII 255) so it thinks that there is an artist. That is all.

I can give more details about the settings if you are interested.

Comment

• schup011
                      • Jan 2017

These are my settings.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-08-31-09-08-42-437_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	1569724

Comment

• schup011
                        • Jan 2017

Maybe the "Filter contributor roles" does the trick.

If you change settings, it could be that you need to clear whole library and rescan everything to see the change....
                        Last edited by schup011; 2020-08-31, 14:08.

Comment

• cpd73
                          • Mar 2017

I realise this is a pretty late reply, but I was bugged by this too. What you can do, is create an "Additional Browse" mode named "Artists" that has "ALBUMARTIST, ARTIST, TRACKARTIST" as the "Contributor Roles". Then you just need to configure the player to show this new "Artists" mode and "Album Artists" but not "All Artists"
                          Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• GLUDFSSR
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by cpd73
                            I realise this is a pretty late reply, but I was bugged by this too. What you can do, is create an "Additional Browse" mode named "Artists" that has "ALBUMARTIST, ARTIST, TRACKARTIST" as the "Contributor Roles". Then you just need to configure the player to show this new "Artists" mode and "Album Artists" but not "All Artists"
                            This is my problem as well, but how do you configure the player to show just one list for Artist that contains Album Artists & Track Artists but No composers.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GLUDFSSR
                              This is my problem as well, but how do you configure the player to show just one list for Artist that contains Album Artists & Track Artists but No composers.
                              Use a single list and only choose "Artists" in additional browse modes

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                              Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                              Bedroom: Radio
                              Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Working...