Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
    Squeezelite 1.6.4 running on Debian Wheezy with Vantec mini DAC

Squeezelite 1.6.4 has the -r option
    Very old version of Squeezelite - current ones are 1.9.*
    Better to upgrade if you can - lots of bug fixes as well as features added.

Squeezelite command line is: squeezelite -o DAC=front:CARD=Device,DEV=0 -n PogoP21 &
    Sometime ALSA device like "front" will do resampling. but the only Vantec DAC i can find seem to say only 48kHz and 44.1kHz supported. I couldn't finds the model "Mini DAC" just NBA-200U and NBA-120U

Is the issue perhaps with the DAC? I can try a couple of others, but none are high end, and I don't recall their chip. I think it is the common low cost one.
    If you want to check capabilities of the DAC - your DAC is at "Device" so can you show the contents of (note the "l" is lowercase letter L)
    ls -l /proc/asound/Device

Better to solve the problem with this DAc rather than confuse issues with mulitple DACs.

I think it is the DAC:

Code:
    root@PogoP21:/proc/asound/card0# cat stream0
    C-Media Electronics Inc. USB Audio Device at usb-40200100.ehci-1.1, full speed : USB Audio

Playback:
        Interface = 1
        Altset = 1
        Packet Size = 200
        Momentary freq = 44100 Hz (0x2c.199a)
      Interface 1
        Altset 1
        Format: S16_LE
        Channels: 2
        Endpoint: 1 OUT (ADAPTIVE)
        Rates: 48000, 44100
    Data sheet info from the Cmedia CM108B:

48K/44.1KHz sampling rate for both playback and recording
    And another DAC that won't play this stream (on another PogoPlug player)

Code:
    root@PogoMobile:/proc/asound/DAC# cat stream0
    Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio DAC at usb-f1050000.ehci-1, full speed : USB Audio

Playback:
        Interface = 1
        Altset = 1
        Packet Size = 192
        Momentary freq = 44100 Hz (0x2c.199a)
      Interface 1
        Altset 1
        Channels: 2
        Endpoint: 2 OUT (ADAPTIVE)
        Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000
      Interface 1
        Altset 2
        Channels: 1
        Endpoint: 2 OUT (ADAPTIVE)
        Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000
    Here is the second one on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSE-HIFI-U...sAAOSwbyVdIujg

States the same 32, 44.4, 48 kHz sample rates.

I will contact the station about their low sample rate. Every other station I looked at is at 44.1 kHz.

Do you know of an entry level USB powered DAC that will do 22.05? HiFiDIYme?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mikeh49; 2019-10-21 at 06:32.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
    States the same 32, 44.4, 48 kHz sample rates.
    Looks like the DAC.

I will contact the station about their low sample rate. Every other station I looked at is at 44.1 kHz.
    Little point. Low sample rate -> low bit rate -> reduces network costs for both user and broadcaster (e.g. listeners are in rural areas where users can only get low bit rate ADSL).

Do you know of an entry level USB powered DAC that will do 22.05?
    Problem here is not the DAC but why no resampling by ALSA ?

Try squeezelite playing on other ALSA devices for normal files - if it works then try the station
    I think the current setting "-o DAC=front:CARD=Device,DEV=0" a bit odd as usually it is something like "-o front:CARD=Device,DEV=0"

To find what squeezelite can use after use the "-l" option and see if you have any "plughw" device

The output I get (PC with in built audio and also HDMI card with audio)
    Code:
    $squeezelite -l

Output devices:
      default                        - Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
      null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
      pulse                          - PulseAudio Sound Server
      sysdefault:CARD=PCH            - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - Default Audio Device
      front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0           - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - Front speakers
      surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0      - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - 2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
      surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0      - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
      surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0      - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
      surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0      - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
      surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0      - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
      surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0      - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
      iec958:CARD=PCH,DEV=0          - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Digital - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
      dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=0            - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - Direct sample mixing device
      dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=1            - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Digital - Direct sample mixing device
      dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=2            - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Alt Analog - Direct sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=0          - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - Direct sample snooping device
      dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=1          - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Digital - Direct sample snooping device
      dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=2          - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Alt Analog - Direct sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0              - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=1              - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Digital - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=2              - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Alt Analog - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0          - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog - Hardware device with all software conversions
      plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=1          - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Digital - Hardware device with all software conversions
      plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=2          - HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Alt Analog - Hardware device with all software conversions
      hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0         - HDA NVidia, HDMI 0 - HDMI Audio Output
      hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1         - HDA NVidia, HDMI 1 - HDMI Audio Output
      dmix:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3         - HDA NVidia, HDMI 0 - Direct sample mixing device
      dmix:CARD=NVidia,DEV=7         - HDA NVidia, HDMI 1 - Direct sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3       - HDA NVidia, HDMI 0 - Direct sample snooping device
      dsnoop:CARD=NVidia,DEV=7       - HDA NVidia, HDMI 1 - Direct sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3           - HDA NVidia, HDMI 0 - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      hw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=7           - HDA NVidia, HDMI 1 - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3       - HDA NVidia, HDMI 0 - Hardware device with all software conversions
      plughw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=7       - HDA NVidia, HDMI 1 - Hardware device with all software conversions
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-10-21 at 07:02. Reason: typos

Will try some additional things. I think there is a typo in my post, the squeezelite line should not have the DAC= line. I was translating from a script where I use the DAC variable to assign various DACs that I have.

One of my Pogo DACs has the plughw device, so I'll try that.

Update: With squeezelite configured to use the plughw device it plays the 22.05 kHz streams. But, there is crackling on these streams as well as on the 44.1 kHz streams. So not useable. I'll continue to investigate.
    Last edited by mikeh49; 2019-10-21 at 11:15.

Now on Squeezelite thread

Squeezelite is the appropriate forum, not an LMS issue.