Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Just changed my router

and I can't get the SB going again.

Its a basic SB, not a touch, the ex slimdevices one.

I have been using a pi4 and ethernet cable via a BT plug system as I have my desktop in a different room to the SB and hifi.

The router plugs into the pi4, and another cable from the router into the BT plug. My music is on a 64gb flash drive.

I've changed the wireless address and key number on the SB from old to new, even though I'm not sure this was necessary as I use a cable rather than wireless connection.

Quote Originally Posted by NE5 View Post
    and I can't get the SB going again.

Its a basic SB, not a touch, the ex slimdevices one.

I have been using a pi4 and ethernet cable via a BT plug system as I have my desktop in a different room to the SB and hifi.

The router plugs into the pi4, and another cable from the router into the BT plug. My music is on a 64gb flash drive.

I've changed the wireless address and key number on the SB from old to new, even though I'm not sure this was necessary as I use a cable rather than wireless connection.
    Does the router have the same IP address range as the old one?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

I'm not sure, I've been in touch with Ronnie and it seems to have sorted now, many thanks again to him. The new router is a BT upgrade, my picoreplayer is back too, yesterday I had a BT outage in my area too, and it was, because my 3 mobile was down as was my spare vodaphone mobile

Seemed like a blanket internet failure, and lasted all day but is restoring itself bit by bit now, I still can't make or receive calls on 3 mobile but the internet is back.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by NE5 View Post
    I'm not sure, I've been in touch with Ronnie and it seems to have sorted now, many thanks again to him. The new router is a BT upgrade, my picoreplayer is back too, yesterday I had a BT outage in my area too, and it was, because my 3 mobile was down as was my spare vodaphone mobile

Seemed like a blanket internet failure, and lasted all day but is restoring itself bit by bit now, I still can't make or receive calls on 3 mobile but the internet is back.

Thanks for the reply.
    there are reports on BBC that 3 network has a major outage today.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

yes I've seen that today, I don't know if BT were just waffling on to me yesterday, but at first I presumed my old router had just been taken down because it was the last day before I was changing (they said it could take up to midnight last night) but I checked my emails and they sent an email saying I could go ahead. So I did and it didn't work, I rang BT and they said my area was down then last night 3 mobile followed.

At 6 this morning they were both still down but by 9 my new router had connected ( i left it on and touched nothing ) and the internet was working on my mobile again. However I still can't make any calls on 3 mob.