Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Cover Art

Back Cover Art

On all my new rips I've been including both the front cover "Folder.jpg" and the back cover as "Rear.jpg" in my album folders. Also as time permits I've been adding rear cover art to the rest of my album folders. Is there any possibility of adding a feature to the LMS WebUI that when I click on the cover and a new tab opens (Chrome and the new Chromium based Edge browser on Win10) with the "Folder.jpg" that a ">" arrow could be added on the right to scroll to either "Rear.jpg" or "Back.jpg"? Then when viewing the back cover have a "<" on the left to scroll back to the front cover.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    On all my new rips I've been including both the front cover "Folder.jpg" and the back cover as "Rear.jpg" in my album folders. Also as time permits I've been adding rear cover art to the rest of my album folders. Is there any possibility of adding a feature to the LMS WebUI that when I click on the cover and a new tab opens (Chrome and the new Chromium based Edge browser on Win10) with the "Folder.jpg" that a ">" arrow could be added on the right to scroll to either "Rear.jpg" or "Back.jpg"? Then when viewing the back cover have a "<" on the left to scroll back to the front cover.
    Install the Music & Artist Info plugin, then you get Home > Song Info > Local artwork
    extGUI4LMS can also display all images in the album folder
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Thanks for this!

Installed and it's not quite as straight forward as it sounded. I had to select the "M" item in the list (circled in red) and then I got the "Local Artwork" item in a list of things which calls up small images of what's in the current folder. An image can be clicked to bring up a nice sized picture of the image selected with arrows to move through the images in the folder.

I thought that somewhere I did something to get the "M" in that list, but I can't find it! Is it just a figment of my imagination or is the "M" always available?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2019-10-13 at 20:42.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Orange Squeeze!

FYI- This plugin also adds the same "Local Artwork" item to the list of things for an album in Orange Squeeze to look at all the local artwork I've stored in the album folder. Dang, now I have to think about scanning any booklets or whatever came with a disc so I can have it available on the couch on my phone or on my PC in the WebUI.

Again, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    I thought that somewhere I did something to get the "M" in that list, but I can't find it! Is it just a figment of my imagination or is the "M" always available?
    LMS > Settings > Interface tab > Additional Playlist Buttons?
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

That setting was enabled. I tried it with that setting Disable and here's the result, but the "M" is still there. That did eliminate some other buttons though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can I get it to look in a sub-directory of the album folder? I have many rips with sub-directories named "scans", 'Artwork", etc.

Also, lots of PDFs. Would be nice to be able to read those.

Back Cover Art

> Can I get it to look in a sub-directory of the album folder? I have

Yes, that should be possible.

> many rips with sub-directories named "scans", 'Artwork", etc.
    >
    > Also, lots of PDFs. Would be nice to be able to read those.

And that, too. Depends on the device you're using: available in the web
    UI and select apps (iPeng, OrangeSqueeze, SqueezePad, SqueezeControl).

--

Michael

The Union (Elton John & Leon Russell) came with a PDF booklet and I viewed it both in the WebUI and OrangeSqueeze. A tablet with Orange Squeeze would be way better than my phone for viewing the PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Can I get it to look in a sub-directory of the album folder? I have

Yes, that should be possible.
    I mean a sub-directory of the folder where the flacs are. I don't see how to do it. If I enter something relative for "Artwork Folder" like "Artwork" and click Apply it just gets erased.

Also, the instructions say "You may choose to store all your artwork in a single folder, using the variable filenames option above." What variable filenames option?