Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibster View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I will investigate that further later. Cheers
    You could also remove the album, do a new and changed scan, add the album back and do another new and changed scan to save time.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    12,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibster View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I will investigate that further later. Cheers
    Wont hurt anything to have both embedded art and folder.jpg. I dont do both, as all my players use cover.jpg or folder.jpg just fine. For mp3 copies I make for use on iPhone etc I do embedded art because of the way iTunes handles art (or at least used to).
    Last edited by garym; 2020-11-01 at 11:45.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto area, Canada
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Wont hurt anything to have both embedded art and folder.jpg. I dont do both, as all my players use cover.jpg or folder.jpg just fine. For mp3 copies I make for use on iPhone etc I do embedded art because of the way iTunes handles art (or at least used to).
    It's never been clear to me whether LMS uses the embedded art or the jpg file (folder or cover) to generate the album art display. I've tended to think it uses the embedded artwork for display while playing, but may use folder.jpg for the album illustration. But I've never experimented. Usually I have both in place, but from time to time I end up missing the artwork. I forget how I fixed it.

    R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    12,237
    Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    It's never been clear to me whether LMS uses the embedded art or the jpg file (folder or cover) to generate the album art display. I've tended to think it uses the embedded artwork for display while playing, but may use folder.jpg for the album illustration. But I've never experimented. Usually I have both in place, but from time to time I end up missing the artwork. I forget how I fixed it.

    R.
    I vaguely recall that if both folder/cover.jpg and embedded art are included, then LMS defaults to the embedded art. But I haven't gone back to search the forum to confirm this. In my own use case, I have either cover.jpg *or* embedded art (in lossy files), but not both.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    ┼kersberga, Sweden
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I vaguely recall that if both folder/cover.jpg and embedded art are included, then LMS defaults to the embedded art. But I haven't gone back to search the forum to confirm this. In my own use case, I have either cover.jpg *or* embedded art (in lossy files), but not both.
    I depend on that priority scheme for my maintenance of album art. New or updated album art pictures are embedded in my flac-files using the 'metaflac' command. The new picture always takes precedence over any folder.jpg I may have in the album direcory.
    2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer v6.1.0 on RaspBerry 3B
    LMS 8.2.0 on Debian 10 on Intel-NUC. All wired
    Main audio system: speakers Magnepan 3.6, amp "Gdis 400", DAC & pre: NAD M51, streamers: SB Touch // NAD M50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •