Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tongkhor View Post
    How do i uninstall PlayHLS v1? I have unzipped the PlayHLS2.2 into PlayHLS folder. How to add this into third party plugin?
    From the plugin tab in LMS settings. Just untick the box and restart LMS. You also install version 2 in this tab so no need to unzip anything manually.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

How do i uninstall PlayHLS v1? I have unzipped the PlayHLS2.2 into PlayHLS folder. How to add this into third party plugin?
    Just add the url to the repo box at the bottom of the Settings > Plugins page.

Click Apply and then scroll to the bottom of the page, tick box, click Apply.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post944361

FFmpeg version is 4.1.4
    It worries me that you don't know how your installed PlayHLS.

URL should play with that ffmpeg version and Play HLS 1.1 - is the plugin installed correctly ? Check WebUI / Setting / Advanced/ FileTypes - what are the HLS settings ?

What version is your LMS and IO::Socket::SSL ( find in WebUI Setting/Information )

If PlayHLS 2.2 works - then it is likely that PlayHLS v1.1 wasn't installed correctly and had an ffmpeg issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    thanks, read the thread, and agree. I'll have him remove the usb stick to add music, which will be very infrequently.

The other thing with TinySC (sorry) is favorites. I know with normal LMS there is a favorites.opml file that I can backup/copy over, even edit, but I don't see anything in the squeezebox folder on the TinySC USB/SD. I was hoping maybe to copy over my favorites.opml (which are an organized structure of radio stations) for his use. It also got me thinking of how, with TinySC, you can organize favorites, add folders, etc. With full LMS I would go into the LMS control/configuration page on the server's ip address. Is there something similar for tinysc or, is it limited in terms of favorites? Similar to mysb.com (can add to as list and that's all)?

Jim
    I would like to try to bring this thread back on subject. Can anyone comment on my question above regarding tinyLMS favorites? I have played around quite a bit and only see the ability to add them through the UI, and in a list only. If that's the way it is, that's ok, just curious.

Also, I am not sure if tiny LMS is still being maintained, but I think I found a tiny insignificant bug - I added "switch to mysqeezebox.com" to the home menu (convenience for my friend), and moved it's position on the home menu. As with the current version of my LMS (PiCore) if you select it, the menu item disappears (as expected). However, with tinyLMS, if you go back to LMS (say by choosing "my music"), when you return to the home menu, when the "switch to" menu item comes back, it is positioned under my music in the list. It moves I tested it on my LMS and this "movement" of the menu item does not happen, it reappears in whatever position it is moved to.

Like I said, insignificant, but I thought I would mention it in case someone is still maintaining it.

Jim

Can anyone comment on my question above regarding tinyLMS favorites?
    I don't know if TinySC supports player favorites (i.e. favorites.opml) in the same way as LMS, but if it does the opml file must be on the Touch. To replace it, you'd need to SSH into the Touch and copy it over.

Touch as a server?

> Also, I am not sure if tiny LMS is still being maintained, but I think I

I'm sorry, it's no longer being maintained.

> found a tiny insignificant bug - I added "switch to mysqeezebox.com" to

Why would you switch to mysb?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Also, I am not sure if tiny LMS is still being maintained, but I think I

I'm sorry, it's no longer being maintained.

> found a tiny insignificant bug - I added "switch to mysqeezebox.com" to

Why would you switch to mysb?

--

Michael
    I think right now because he has all of his internet radio station favorites in his mysb.com account. That's one of the reasons that I am interested in porting the contents of my favorites.opml to tinyLMS. Most of his favorites I suggested, or we found together, and I have all of them in my picore LMS as well. , so if I could get either my favorites.opml or his mysb.com favorites into tiny LMS, we would no longer need mysb.com

I am not sure (haven't tried) if we can select/play a favorite in mysb.com, switch to LMS, and add it as a favorite in LMS. I could try that and port them individually if that works.

Jim

I think right now because he has all of his internet radio station favorites in his mysb.com account. That's one of the reasons that I am interested in porting the contents of my favorites.opml to tinyLMS. Most of his favorites I suggested, or we found together, and I have all of them in my picore LMS as well. , so if I could get either my favorites.opml or his mysb.com favorites into tiny LMS, we would no longer need mysb.com

I am not sure (haven't tried) if we can select/play a favorite in mysb.com, switch to LMS, and add it as a favorite in LMS. I could try that and port them individually if that works.

Jim
    Using TinyLMS, why not > Radio > Search > enter radio station name > "+" button on remote (or long press station name on Touch) > Save to Favourites.

May take some time, but is infallible.

Name:  search01.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  search02.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  17.1 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Using TinyLMS, why not > Radio > Search > enter radio station name > "+" button on remote (or long press station name on Touch) > Save to Favourites.

May take some time, but is infallible.
    Thanks, the brute force way, but I am unsure what "Radio" pulls from and if any and all of the stations he under mysb.com would be there. Some I added to mysb.com via a url (e.g. the 320kbps Radio paradise - Normal, Mellow, Rock, Eclectic).

I tried the switch to mysb.com, play favorite, go back to LMS, and the service switch wipes "now playing" (i.e - switch back to lms, now playing is the previous now playing LMS).

So, I guess it comes down to this:

1) Is there a way to enter a url radio stream in tinyLMS?
    2) Is there a way to manipulate favorites.opml from LMS to TinyLMS? (AB, I did not try SSH, I can, but have never done it, and would need to load sw to try it)
    3) Just stay with mysb.com for some of his favorites (i.e. the ones that "radio" or "tune in" or... cannot locate)

Unless there is a break through I will try to add as many mysb favorites to touch favorites as I can, and he will have to go to mysb.com for those I cannot find through radio or other.

Please understand I am not trying to push TinyLMS into what it is not. I know it's limited. I am using regular LMS. I am not asking the community for more than it is, rather "what is it, what can it do?". It's for my (non technical and short attention span) friend, Touch with a USB stick is such a perfect solution, essentially, the USB stick has the music library. The touch with a USB drive is a "self contained" player of internet radio and music files. He doesn't have to grasp "server and player". We were there and he struggled with it.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts...
    Jim

Update and a last question

Everyone, thanks for your help. I went to my friend's and we setup the touch with tinylms last night. It went well, I think this is really going to work for him. I do appreciate the guidance.

One remaining thing is porting the favorites from mysqueezebox.com to tinyLMS. We plan on doing it the manual way (in lms find the station, then add it), but I am wondering if anything can be done for those that can't be found, in terms of somehow manually adding a url?

For example, the RP 320kbps streams, I know that the main mix can be obtained via "Radio"->"Search" but I'd like to add the other streams, and as expected, I can't find them in "Radio", and there is no RP plugin for TinyLMS.

Any thoughts? Where is "Radio" pulled from?

I hate to be a bother, especially since tiny is in everyone's tail lights (legacy). If it's not possible, that's fine. When he goes to "favorites" in tinyLMS, there is an option to switch to favorites in mysb.com. Simple enough, but I thought I would check before we call it done.

Jim