Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

BBC Feeds via Tunein

Sorry guys, I posted this in the wrong forum

Hi Folks

Been away for a while! When I fired up my Logitech radio, I noticed that TuneIn no longer provides radio feeds for the BBC radio channels. I found an article on the interweb that confirmed that the BBC stopped supplying the feed to Tunein back on August 30th.

Simple question then: is there a simple way for me to get the streams back using maybe another app/method?

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Steve
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

I also met the same issue. My 6 preset buttons previously had TuneIn (Radiotime) urls for various BBC channels and no longer worked last week. So I went on www.mysqueezebox.com and signed in to my account, went into App Gallery and installed the BBC app provided by Logitech. This then appears in the My Apps tab.

Then on to the Squeezebox Radio itself under mysqueezebox.com (not the LMS which works differently and uses the bpa iPlayer plugin nicely). Go to My Apps and the BBC app should now be there. Select your channel and it should play. Press and hold the relevant silver preset button and it will be stored there. Repeat for other channels. Add to Favorites if you like and edit the wording in MySqueezebox.com's favorites tab to something shorter e.g. BBC Radio 4 FM if you think the present words are too long.

Works for me - hope this helps.

Viv
    Last edited by vhs; 2019-10-07 at 01:20.

Cheers Viv. I'll give it a go!

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Note 10+ 5G
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Squeezebox Classic

My Squeezebox Classic Ver 3 seems to have lost the ability to stream live BBC Radio in my lounge. I wonder if that is linked to them withdrawing the Tunein feeds. Little strange though as it is all coming off a local Vortexbox / LMS with the excellent Triode / BPA plugins - BBC Iplayer and BBC Iplayer extra working well for some years.

I can stream both live and play back in the Kitchen (the network player is an Rpi2 running Max2play / Squeezelite) and also off the VB Player in the study but if I try and sync to one of the original Squeezebox Classics it freezes - also if I ungroup and play solely to the QB Classic via the Iplayer App it still errors...

Any ideas anyone?
    Music Server: VortexBox (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1
    Study: Squeezelite player (from the VBA) > PC powered speakers with subwoofer.
    Lounge: SB3 > Marantz hifi > B&W speakers
    TV room: SB3 > Denon Receiver > KEF eggs 5.1/ Wharfedale Diamonds
    Kitchen: RPi2 (Max2play), IQaudioDAC/Amp > KEF ceiling speakers
    Outdoors: RPi3 (Max2play), IQaudioDAC/Amp > KEF outdoor speakers
    Bedroom: Logitech Squeezebox radio
    Controllers: iPeng & Squeezepad, RPi3 (Max2play, Jivelite) with touchscreen, LMS (VBA)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    My Squeezebox Classic Ver 3 seems to have lost the ability to stream live BBC Radio in my lounge. I wonder if that is linked to them withdrawing the Tunein feeds. Little strange though as it is all coming off a local Vortexbox / LMS with the excellent Triode / BPA plugins - BBC Iplayer and BBC Iplayer extra working well for some years.

I can stream both live and play back in the Kitchen (the network player is an Rpi2 running Max2play / Squeezelite) and also off the VB Player in the study but if I try and sync to one of the original Squeezebox Classics it freezes - also if I ungroup and play solely to the QB Classic via the Iplayer App it still errors...

Any ideas anyone?
    Tune-in issues has nothing to do with BBCiPlayer plugin.

If you are using the BBCiPlayer menus - then post the issues on the BBCiPlayer thread.

If using BBCiPlayer - then sounds like a LMS transcoding issues since BBCiPlayer streams are AAC and Classic cannot play AAC natively but most squeezelite players can.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Tune-in issues has nothing to do with BBCiPlayer plugin.

If you are using the BBCiPlayer menus - then post the issues on the BBCiPlayer thread.

If using BBCiPlayer - then sounds like a LMS transcoding issues since BBCiPlayer streams are AAC and Classic cannot play AAC natively but most squeezelite players can.

Thanks BPA. Must be coincidence then and a LMS transcoding issue. The stream was AAC but i'm sure your plugin sorted it excellently a few years back. The Squeezelite players all work.
    Controllers: iPeng & Squeezepad, RPi3 (Max2play, Jivelite) with touchscreen, LMS (VBA)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    Thanks BPA. Must be coincidence then and a LMS transcoding issue. The stream was AAC but i'm sure your plugin sorted it excellently a few years back. The Squeezelite players all work.
    Transcoding is a LMS issue - the BBCiPlayer plugin can never sort it out if it is setup wrong or broken. Only exception is if the BBCiPlayer Setting "Allow transcoding" is not checked.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Transcoding is a LMS issue - the BBCiPlayer plugin can never sort it out if it is setup wrong or broken. Only exception is if the BBCiPlayer Setting "Allow transcoding" is not checked.
    Thank you BPA. The SB Classics can play BBC Radio again.
    A full Vortexbox and LMS reboot was the likely resolution.
    Your plugin is excellent and so important to my listening choices.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePalmer View Post
    I noticed that TuneIn no longer provides radio feeds for the BBC radio channels.
    <snip>

is there a simple way for me to get the streams back using maybe another app/method?
    You answered it yourself! ^^
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the App Gallery.
    Bonus: With nearly 1000 registered users, the RadioFeeds server app (with AAC streams included) is available for mysqueezebox, Logitech Media Server, Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter AND SlimServer!
    Click: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze
    We now also list the BBC HLS streams!