Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

BBC feeds on TuneIn

Hi Guys

Been away for a while! When I fired up my Logitech radio, I noticed that TuneIn no longer provides radio feeds for the BBC radio channels. I found an article on the interweb that confirmed that it stopped doing this back on August 30th.

Simple question then: is there a simple way for me to get the streams back using maybe another app/method?

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Steve
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Steve, as the BBC seems to be rather bone headed in this matter (you can listen via a vpn) I would suggest a local LMS is the solution.

You can install LMS on your com puter and add the BBC iPlayer plugin, or, buy a raspberry pi and install LMS on that.

Maybe wait a week or so, to see if there is any movement on this issue from the BBC, keep monitoring the blogs.

atb

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by StevePalmer View Post
    Hi Guys

Been away for a while! When I fired up my Logitech radio, I noticed that TuneIn no longer provides radio feeds for the BBC radio channels. I found an article on the interweb that confirmed that it stopped doing this back on August 30th.

Simple question then: is there a simple way for me to get the streams back using maybe another app/method?

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Steve
    They are still listed for me under the Radio menu but all the streams appear to be HLS streams so you probably need the playHLS plugin. Alternatively use the BBC iPlayer plugin. There is a thread dedicated to it under third party software.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cheers! I'd rather taken my eye off the ball with this guessed the BBC would be around on my Radio forever!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

I think UK myssqueezebox.com users can still use the Logitech BBC Radio App from the App gallery.

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Note 10+ 5G
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I think UK myssqueezebox.com users can still use the Logitech BBC Radio App from the App gallery.
    Can confirm this (i have just reset my Radio).

Only 128 mp3 streams and 5live is not available (might be because it's currently broadcasting live rugerby from Japan)

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Can confirm this (i have just reset my Radio).

Only 128 mp3 streams and 5live is not available (might be because it's currently broadcasting live rugerby from Japan)
    They are streams suitable for non-UK listeners and have no station logo or metadata.

BBC expect newer radio-form devices to be able to play HLS or DASH - they consider radio which can only play http/MP3 or http/AAC to be legacy.
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-10-06 at 02:30.