Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Library View/Multiple Folders

Iíve asked this in the past and never really gotten an answer I could get to work, so trying again - is there any way to have a library view that is limited to the contents of two or more folders? Someone mentioned using shortcuts but I couldnít get that to work.

I have all my CD rips stored in one folder by genre and then vinyl rips in another again by genre, and Iíd just like to be able to have a single library view that combines, say the content of the 70s R&B folder from each location, or such. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by typecrazy789 View Post
    Iíve asked this in the past and never really gotten an answer I could get to work, so trying again - is there any way to have a library view that is limited to the contents of two or more folders? Someone mentioned using shortcuts but I couldnít get that to work.

I have all my CD rips stored in one folder by genre and then vinyl rips in another again by genre, and Iíd just like to be able to have a single library view that combines, say the content of the 70s R&B folder from each location, or such. Thanks!
    Isn't this possible using "advanced search"? Search for "70s and R&B" and then save the result as a library view.. I have library views for 70s, 80s and 90s so it should be possible.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ies-in-LMS-7-9

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Isn't this possible using "advanced search"? Search for "70s and R&B" and then save the result as a library view.. I have library views for 70s, 80s and 90s so it should be possible.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ies-in-LMS-7-9

I think that's using genre or something other than "path." That's my problem; I have a lot of various artists CDs and while I might have one stored in a "70s R&B" folder it might have tracks from the 50s, 80s, what have you, and I have those genre-tagged differently. This is where I wound up asking this last time, with suggestions to tag differently, etc., and I was just hoping there might be a workaround way to have a view that pulled content from two different paths, but it doesn't appear to be possible (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by typecrazy789 View Post
    I think that's using genre or something other than "path." That's my problem; I have a lot of various artists CDs and while I might have one stored in a "70s R&B" folder it might have tracks from the 50s, 80s, what have you, and I have those genre-tagged differently. This is where I wound up asking this last time, with suggestions to tag differently, etc., and I was just hoping there might be a workaround way to have a view that pulled content from two different paths, but it doesn't appear to be possible (so far).
    How is your music tagged? If you search for music in the range (1970-1979) and Genre R&B across your whole library I don't understand why that does not give the result you want. It would include tracks from CD and vinyl.