Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vhs
    • Dec 2005

BBC App Problems

BBC radio stations no longer work on my Squeezebox Radio (original not UE) under MySqueezebox.com via the BBC Radio app. The station presets don't work either, naturally. Presumably the BBC have changed their access protocols to prevent use of the old urls?

LMS access via the iPlayer plugin continues to work.

Is there an update for the BBC Radio app or is one planned?

Viv
  • bpa
    • Oct 2005

Works OK for me on Touch non UK playing MP3 streams using local LMS (I.e. URLs comes from same source) .

If Radio/Touch player - are you mixing up the Logitech BBC App vs the 3rd party BBCiPlayer Applet ?
    What is the full text menu you use ? and what appear as on the next level of menus ?

Comment

• vhs
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bpa
      Works OK for me on Touch non UK playing MP3 streams using local LMS (I.e. URLs comes from same source) .

If Radio/Touch player - are you mixing up the Logitech BBC App vs the 3rd party BBCiPlayer Applet ?
      What is the full text menu you use ? and what appear as on the next level of menus ?
      No I'm not mixing anything up - LMS and your iPlayer app work fine. MySB.com and the Logitech BBC app no longer works. Text incudes:

No items found in playlist .. radiotime.com ...

Have radiotime lost their url location?
      Is there a url I could enter and avoid the BBC app?

Comment

• bpa
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by vhs
        No I'm not mixing anything up - LMS and your iPlayer app work fine. MySB.com and the Logitech BBC app no longer works. Text incudes:

No items found in playlist .. radiotime.com ...

Have radiotime lost their url location?
        Is there a url I could enter and avoid the BBC app?
        BBCiPlayer plugin is not the same as BBCiPlayer Applet for Radio - which appears as BBC Radio menu item..

radiotime is the old name for Tune-in - so I wonder if something is out of date.

What is the menu name and contents of the next level menu - that will determine whether you are using the BBC iPlayer Applet or the Logitech BBC App.

Comment

• vhs
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bpa
          BBCiPlayer plugin is not the same as BBCiPlayer Applet for Radio - which appears as BBC Radio menu item..

radiotime is the old name for Tune-in - so I wonder if something is out of date.

What is the menu name and contents of the next level menu - that will determine whether you are using the BBC iPlayer Applet or the Logitech BBC App.
          Now beginning to make a little sense to me. The pre-select buttons were probably set some time ago from a Tune In browse and no longer work, maybe due to BBC changes.

The BBC Radio app under Radio (old Triode app?) just sticks at "connecting"
          The app called BBC under MyApps I've now installed and now works but in MP3 with a boring logo.

Is there a better way to get BBC channels in the UK via MySqueezebox.com (when I choose not to use LMS and your iPlayer app if my iMac is off)?

Thanks Viv

Comment

• Man in a van
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by vhs

Is there a better way to get BBC channels in the UK via MySqueezebox.com (when I choose not to use LMS and your iPlayer app if my iMac is off)?

Thanks Viv

I would say "save your time trying".

Get a raspberry pi, install LMS ( stop the lms on the iMac from starting) and leave it on as long as you wish.

ronnie

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by vhs
              Without a local LMS the only playable stream form BBC will be the MP3 ones. So 128kbps is max and BBC do not provide any in-stream metadata or logos.

If you are outside the UK - using Tune-in will allow you to play BBC and have a logo - no other data.

The BBC Radio applet has been updated (possibly via a manual remote file copy) to play live stream - again logo only no data . Listen again is broken as Applet support FlashAAC which is no longer used by BBC.

Consider a local LMS (even a pi-zero just for radio) as Radio cannot handle https which is causing more and more stations to be unplayable over mysqueezebox.com.

BBC have indicated that MP3 stream are for legacy devices and that could imply at some time in the future they will be shut down in favour of HLS and DASH.

Comment

• vhs
                • Dec 2005

Thanks to both Ronnie and bpa for the advice. Maybe a Pi or network storage device is the answer for future use. Yet another gadget to amuse my wife :-)

Viv

Comment

• Paul Webster
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by vhs
                  Yet another gadget to amuse my wife :-)
                  Hide it inside something else and she will never know (until it stops working for some unknown reason while you are away).
                  Paul Webster
                  Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                  and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Working...