Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    It took me a while to remember why it seemed familiar - it is the theme to TV "Deutschland 83"
    Exactly!

Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1I...4z8ovoKvnvxBqv
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    When you wrote "...and now for something completely different..." I was expecting "The Lumberjack Song" or "Always look on the bright side of life"

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Well, I recently was listening (in the car) to my "Alternate Takes" playlist, which has two or more versions of the same song in sequence, the better to appreciate the song and the interpretations. Heavy on standards of course, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle's "Log Driver's Song" (Kate doing vocals) came up in the original popular version, and one by Stringband. Very catchy indeed, especially considering the, um, alternate understanding of "dance".

Not the Python song.

Much as I love Kate and Anna, I prefer the version by the venerable Canadian folk group Stringband, hard to find.

The original: https://www.nfb.ca/film/log_drivers_waltz/ (available also on YouTube)

As for the Stringband version, you'll have to search. I couldn't find an online version, although Marie-Lynn Hammond's live version is very sweet (and lusty) indeed. I'm sure it's on Spotify, which I don't use.

The original popular version of the song by Wade Hemsworth was an early success for the McGarrigles.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    The original: https://www.nfb.ca/film/log_drivers_waltz/ (available also on YouTube)
    Marvellous! Spotify lists numerous versions, but I couldn't find the Stingband version unfortunately. You're right - very catchy tune.

Extending the theme of repeatedly playing the same song by different artists. I got up to 20+ versions of You Really Got Me (originally by The Kinks) using tracks from My Library interspersed with some from Spotify. The amazing thing is there are hardly two alike.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Autobahn - Kraftwerk

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kylling med Soft Ice - Shu-Bi-Dua

Danish version (Chicken with Soft Ice) of the original!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f085YkS8UEo

and

Killing Me Softly - The Fugees

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

On a reggae note:

No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

@chill, I'm curious, how about sharing what your catchiest songs playlist has turned out like.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Just popped into my head, of course!

Yello - I love you, Oh Yeah, Vicious Games, Of Course I'm Lying

Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill

was reminded to this one while visiting a Ray Wilson concert recently. Many other Gabriel/Genesis songs would fit here.