Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Allman Brothers - Jessica
    Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

James - Laid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70Uz-CC_9vw

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I'd categorise this as an "ear worm"
    Ok, one of my favorites - catchy meets quirky and definitely an ear worm. After it is stuck in your brain you can sing it to friends and family on their birthdays, or randomly blurt out lyrics when relevant ("TIME!.... is marching on!")

They Might Be Giants - Older

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIRrmNN_CQ

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Ok, one of my favorites - catchy meets quirky and definitely an ear worm. After it is stuck in your brain you can sing it to friends and family on their birthdays, or randomly blurt out lyrics when relevant ("TIME!.... is marching on!")

They Might Be Giants - Older

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIRrmNN_CQ

Jim
    I don't know very much of their output, but I loved 'Birdhouse In Your Soul' the first time I heard it, and I still do. And I reckon it should be on this list!

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    I don't know very much of their output, but I loved 'Birdhouse In Your Soul' the first time I heard it, and I still do. And I reckon it should be on this list!
    The majority of the album "Flood" which contains "Birdhouse in Your Soul" should be on this list.

"Everybody wants a rock to wind a piece of string around."

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    The majority of the album "Flood" which contains "Birdhouse in Your Soul" should be on this list.
    I'm revisiting it right now!

Senior Member Percival Sweetwater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    The song 'Dead' from that album was my favourite,

Quote Originally Posted by Percival Sweetwater View Post
    The song 'Dead' from that album was my favourite,
    I just created a playlist (from Tidal/Wimp) with all the songs I could find from this thread up until now. Attached. If someone's interested feel free to try (just remove the last .txt in the attached file and add to your playlist library on LMS, rescan and it should appear in the Playlist menu).

I missed a handful of songs, couldn't find them on Tidal. If you miss your contribution in the thread, sorry.
    2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer 5.0.0 on RaspBerry 3B, 1 RasbBerry Zero running Raspian and Squeezelite 1.8
    LMS latest nightly on Ubuntu 18.04.3 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB
    All wired

Going Home, by Mark Knopfler.

I feel like I'm straying away from the original intention, which was to find tracks that grab you by your lapels from note one and force you to sing along or start playing the dashboard drum kit, but this track has an incredibly catchy melody and an irresistible build-up, and never fails to get me whistling along.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Going Home, by Mark Knopfler.

I feel like I'm straying away from the original intention, which was to find tracks that grab you by your lapels from note one and force you to sing along or start playing the dashboard drum kit, but this track has an incredibly catchy melody and an irresistible build-up, and never fails to get me whistling along.
    agree. as long as we are in Mark Knophler + "catchy" mode, how about "So Far Away" and "Walk of Life", both from Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" (which btw, is great beginning to end, especially the last 3 or so songs, great headphone music).