Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

LMS on MacOS 10.15 "Catalina"?

> What I ended up doing was installing iTunes into Catalina based on the
    > suggestion earlier in the thread.

Using the Retroactive app?

https://github.com/cormiertyshawn895/Retroactive

I still hesitate to rely on it, currently sticking with Mojave on my
    main computer as I want to continue Aperture. Even if it's only for a
    few more months...
    --

Michael

I was thinking of waiting till 10.15.2 and some down time (in other words now) before taking the leap to Catalina.

Is anyone using 10.15.2 and still seeing probs getting LMS going on it and/or running LMS on it?

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    I was thinking of waiting till 10.15.2 and some down time (in other words now) before taking the leap to Catalina.

Is anyone using 10.15.2 and still seeing probs getting LMS going on it and/or running LMS on it?
    I've been running LMS on Catalina 10.15.2 for about a month without iTunes integration.
    The problem I had was that my mac-mini would not 'stay awake' with the Prevent Standby Plugin (however, this problem most likely pre-dated Catalina) — Simple fix, see: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post957246
    Last edited by Tony T; 2019-12-27 at 12:49.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

OK, good to know Tony T. Any other observations, anyone?

Iím coming to the conclusion that Iím not going to update to Catalina from Mojave yet.

Thatís not so much down to LMS, which I assume from the lack of response to my question in recent posts here is working and running OK on Catalina.

Itís more like Michaelís decision to stay with Mojave so he can use Aperture a bit longer.

For me, itís about being able to continue using Dragthing, but also my uncertainty about apps such as Burn and My Harmony working with Catalina, and my worries concerning the compatibility of my Canon printer and my Seagate external drives.

Sorry, a bit off LMS topic. But for me, it all says WAIT. And thatís what Iím going to do. Maybe 10.15.3 or 10.15.4?

Why that soon? There've been times when I've been two or three software versions behind, sometimes because of hardware (an unsupported iMac that still functioned perfectly), other times because of software. Once security updates are no longer provided, it's probably wise to run some sort of anti-virus, but every time a new MacOS comes out I always ask "Is there any new feature here I actually need?"

Currently I'm still on 10.13 because I didn't seen anything particularly compelling for me in 10.14; I've got copies of the Mojave and Catalina installers stored locally here, but right now everything I use my Mac for continues to work, so I don't see much of a reason to upgrade other than just because it's more convenient for Apple.
    Last edited by Evan_E; 2019-12-30 at 07:30.

Evan, it's a fair point you make.

That's another reason I'm not speeding to the update... there's nothing in Catalina that makes me think wow, I must have that!

The reason I've gone along with updates in the past was because, even if they didn't have features that were particularly attractive to me (and some of the updates certainly did), they did at least come with the latest set of fixes and improvements in general.

I think much of the problem, if that's what it is, comes from Apple painting itself into a corner where they have to do a so-called "major" update to the various operating systems every year. Used to be they simply offered an update when they had a batch of new things ready to go.

Anyway, Catalina's the first time I've hesitated. And it's turning into a long hesitation.

I agree. I had my LMS running on an old Mac mini (2009) with El Capitan.
    Recently got a new mini for PLEX (needed a more powerful processor to rip the DVD/BluRay), so I'm now running Catalina.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Album art

Iím missing something....updated to Catalina and all seemed well. I purchased some tunes on the new music app. They play fine but the album art isnít showing up on my touch. The artwork is fine on the Apple Music app.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    Iím missing something....updated to Catalina and all seemed well. I purchased some tunes on the new music app. They play fine but the album art isnít showing up on my touch. The artwork is fine on the Apple Music app.
    Any suggestions?

I would first try a hard reboot of the Touch.
    If that didn't work I would try re-scanning the LMS library
    What version LMS? (7.9.2 was just released)
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬