Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Definitely a permissions issue. Newer versions of pCP do handle it a bit better.
    My new PSU and SD Card have arrived. Based on comments above, it appears that later versions of pCP have better handling of write permissions etc, so I have opted to install v6 b5....

I let this resize to 100Mb when installing LMS - I had previously tried larger ones - but stuck with the default one this time.

On completion, and several reboots after changing, and sett ing up LMS - I then shutdown to insert the USB HDD.

It was recognised, but wanted to install util-linux.tcz due to GPT. I tried to do this and it failed - 3 times.

Any advice?

Most folks don't use GPT partitions, so that might be a problem. I've not tested that in a while, let me check
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Also 100Mb is, I think, a very small partition if you intend to run LMS from it.
    If you are going to move LMS data to the USB disk then I suppose it does not matter.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Also 100Mb is, I think, a very small partition if you intend to run LMS from it.
    If you are going to move LMS data to the USB disk then I suppose it does not matter.
    One of my concerns with the SD Card my friend bought was I didn't realise it was 128Gb, and then selected a bigger partition "whole card". yes, a lengthy delay ensued....

I have now reverted to proper components I have built with before, 16Gb, and just let pCP pick a size when it tried to install LMS. I let it select 100Mb. Perhapos this could be autoselected to something bigger?

I think I saw a Post in the Beta thread saying 300Mb - but not sure, so i went default.

Quote Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
    One of my concerns with the SD Card my friend bought was I didn't realise it was 128Gb, and then selected a bigger partition "whole card". yes, a lengthy delay ensued....

I have now reverted to proper components I have built with before, 16Gb, and just let pCP pick a size when it tried to install LMS. I let it select 100Mb. Perhapos this could be autoselected to something bigger?

I think I saw a Post in the Beta thread saying 300Mb - but not sure, so i went default.
    I use either 8 or 16GB cards and always resize to use the whole card, never had any problems.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I use either 8 or 16GB cards and always resize to use the whole card, never had any problems.
    Thanks, nice to know. I realise I'm grasping a little here, but I'm trying to ensure what has worked before should work again, so trying to eliminate the differences. Card Size, and such a big one, was worth a go....

I'm now converting the GPT HDD to MBR and trying again....I will have to move my music back to it, so it's could take a while tonight.

Happy for further comments though - all info will get me nearer to the solution....

I setup a drive with a GPT partition and installed util-linux support as expected.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I setup a drive with a GPT partition and installed util-linux support as expected.
    Ok, thanks for checking. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t download util-linux.tcz

I’m going the other way atm, and have converted the drive to MBR and just waiting for the music to copy over...

GPT converted to MBR - all working as I would want, scanned music Ok, and now working as a Player and LMS Server. Delighted as usual, many thanks for everyone’s help in resolving.

I then set it up with WiFi and that was a first for me, now working, having added .conf file to memory card as per pcp Help instructions.

I have then setup up Samba, in an attempt to add/delete music remotely on the USB HDD.

Name:  4E0A4969-026C-4024-AD2B-B64EDEFB4B31.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  147.6 KB

I tried using tc and piCore as Username & Password but i don’t seem to be able to see inside the folder (though the network is present). It sounds like ReadWrite permissions issue - any further pointers?