Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Media scan terminates unexpectedly

Hi,
    I did my first rescan of my music collection in a while, and get a "media scan terminated unexpectedly" error. Scan log shows
    main::main (341) Error: Failed when running scan post-process: [Can't locate IO/Socket/SSL.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MusicArtistInfo/lib /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8 /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/lib /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /c/.squeezeboxserver /usr/sbin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MusicArtistInfo/Common.pm line 172.
    ]
    [19-09-28 13:56:21.3886] main::main (342) Error: Not updating lastRescanTime!
    This is on a ReadyNAS pro 6, on which I have run LMS without problem for years. I also tried upgrading from 7.9.0 to 7.9.1 but still get the same error. Any suggestions appreciated greatly.

Mike

One thing that I realize I forgot to mention is that I just updated Music Artist Information plugin today...

I figured out how to ssh into the readyNAS (it uses a plugin) and install the missing module and the scan completed Crossing my fingers that I'm good now.

Could you share the solution with the rest of us?

I'm also getting the same failed media scan after updating 'Music and Artist Information' to v1.6.7 today.

Media scan terminated unexpectedly (Scanning Progress)

From the scan log:
    Code:
    [19-10-13 13:31:07.8777] main::main (341) Error: Failed when running scan post-process: [Undefined subroutine &IO::Socket::SSL::set_defaults called at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MusicArtistInfo/Common.pm line 175.
    ]
    [19-10-13 13:31:07.8791] main::main (342) Error: Not updating lastRescanTime!
    How would I install the missing SSL perl module on my RaspberryPi and why is this suddenly required (and not included as part of the plugin install/upgrade)? Specifically, I'm running an old version of SqueezePlug based on (I think) Raspian Wheezy.

EDIT: doing apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl results:

libio-socket-ssl-perl is already the newest version

So I then tried:
    Code:
    perl -MCPAN -e'shell'
    Allowed it to do all the autoconfiguration (basically just hit return a couple of times), then from within the shell did
    Code:
    force install IO::Socket::SSL
    'force' was essential since make test failed. Anyway, that seems to have fixed it! I now have a load of Artist pictures that I didn't previously (I think I only recently installed Music Artist Information to get lyrics working in iPeng again).
    Last edited by rickwookie; 2019-10-13 at 06:28. Reason: additional information

Media scan terminates unexpectedly

> [19-10-13 13:31:07.8777] main::main (341) Error: Failed when running scan post-process: [Undefined subroutine &IO::Socket::SSL::set_defaults called at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MusicArtistInfo/Common.pm line 175.

Crap. Thought I had fixed that. Will fix it in a next release.

> How would I install the missing SSL perl module on my RaspberryPi and
    > why is this suddenly required (and not included as part of the plugin
    > install/upgrade)?

The MAI plugin does require it. But I'd recommend installing it anyway,
    as more and more resources become only available over secured connections.

How you install it depends on the OS you're using.

--

Michael