Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
    Ok, I'll see what that linking warning was about.

The new code is live and should allow you to play or stream anything either locally or online. It even played a Spotify album for me which I know was not local. So you can re-enable online music services and all should work. Thanks for finding this issue for me because I would never have found it myself (being a local-library holdout).

EDIT: The linking landing-page warning was because the iPad likely still had a cookie (well, a localStorage entry) from the last time you linked the skill(s) so as to offer you the same uuid again, while the PC/browser device did not, and - in offering you a new uuid - didn't care. If it was a new uuid then don't forget to change the updater.py script to include the newer one or the skill(s) will orphan on reboot.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-12-15 at 09:22.

Now works like a BOMB for all local and online content! Thanks...

Also, appreciate your looking into the skill sign in error. Your explanation makes perfect sense.

The online setup instructions now have sections addressing the setup of ngrok with autostart and autoupdate under Windows. Thanks to @staresy for sharing how he did it.

I noticed in the logs that somebody who asked to list all his/her Dylan albums got a boatload of repeated entries in the response due to library duplicates. I've updated the code to remove duplicates from the spoken listing. A side effect of this is that if you have multiple versions of the same album (e.g. a remastered version or re-release in a later year) and the base album TAG name stays the same, the additional versions will not be mentioned/counted. This shouldn't be the end of the world as the command is intended more as a memory jog to remind you of albums you haven't played in a while.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-12-20 at 03:01.

Name:  christmas-tree.png
Views: 141
Size:  16.9 KB

In the spirit of Christmas, the skill will provide access to ALL commands without the need for a subscription, until Jan 1st. Enjoy!

p.s. To existing subscribers, apologies for the fact that the Amazon ISP process doesn't provide a means to credit or extend your subscription accordingly.

By the way, lifting the subscription requirement for premium commands has a side-effect with respect to Alexa's built-in commands for play/resume, pause, previous, next and stop. When you are not subscribed, these commands target the assumed player automatically but when subscribed or a promotion is active, they target your Echo device. Free-tier users who were accustomed to saying just "Alexa, stop" and finding that this stopped playback on their assumed squeezebox player will now have to say "Alexa, tell MediaServer to stop playback" to achieve the same result while the promotion is active. Just saying "Alexa, stop" will stop audio on the Echo (behaviour that subscribers are accustomed to).

The session-continuation Brian voice has been replaced by Amy for en-GB users. It's still Matthew for en-US as nobody ever complained about that.

The code has been widely refactored in preparation for supporting other spoken languages in the near future. As a result:

* Latency is reduced and error-trapping is greatly improved.
    * Errors during streaming are now reported.
    * When library matches fail, some extra fallback searches are performed for common Alexa misinterpretations.
    * Cards have been removed everywhere except with respect to linking and when you ask for help or what's playing (so you can look back in your Alexa app at what the answer was when you've forgotten it again).
    * The sync-player commands now handle multiple sync groups and there is a new option to group everything to target all your players (with the assumed player acting as master).
    * The sync command now uses fuzzy matching to improve recognition of player names - it was the only place left in the code where that was not addressed.
    * An issue with rename not taking immediate effect has been fixed.

I'll keep an extra eye on the logs to see if any new bugs pop up with these changes.

piCorePlayer?

Has anyone succeeded in getting ngrok installed and running (with autostart) on piCorePlayer? I've seen several posts where people have had problems, but no workarounds.

It seems what is needed is a step-by-step procedure (to include getting the MediaServer skills working).

I am running piCorePlayer on the same pi as LMS if that matters.

I would really like to try the Alexa skills but piCorePlayer is not exactly a standard Linux distro and I would rather not spend hours trying to figure this out myself, so any hints appreciated!

*EDIT* BTW - it would be best if the latest version of piCorePlayer - 7.0.0 is the target.

Thanks
    Last edited by wtnh; 2021-01-15 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by wtnh View Post
    Has anyone succeeded in getting ngrok installed and running (with autostart) on piCorePlayer? I've seen several posts where people have had problems, but no workarounds.

I would really like to try the Alexa skills but piCorePlayer is not exactly a standard Linux distro and I would rather not spend hours trying to figure this out myself, so any hints appreciated!
    I don't think anybody ever reported they got it working while autostarting and also updating the uuid. I might take a look at this myself to see if I can figure it out (I never used pCP as I prefer Ubuntu for LMS myself).

You do know that ngrok can run on any machine in your LAN and point towards LMS on pCP ? Any Windows, Mac or Linux box can proxy over to that pi for you.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-01-16 at 14:21.