Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
    It's unfortunate that your single regular Squeezebox player is not available to help debug.

I can see that you did a 'list players' command and the result of that uncovered (for me) that all your player names are incompatible with the skill's room-based naming expectation - "You have 5 players: Bose Chromecast, FM Chromecast, HT Chromecast 4K, Onkyo Txnr676 E559b8, Squeeze3". Are you working with assumed players or is the skill asking you for the target player name with every command? Just so you know, when Alexa asks you for a player name, the {Slot} value that she's expecting is of type AMAZON.Room. I had to make a choice here because if I use the wide-open AMAZON.SearchQuery slot type then only one slot is allowed per utterance and I need up to 4 per command in this skill. This does mean that Alexa is bending over backwards to hear something akin to a room name when you specify a player name - clearly, she will fail every time in your setup. It's not that I want to force people to use room names because of my own preference, it's just that filling multiple slots in a single utterance requires pre-meditated slot-types and I cannot work around that Amazon design principle.

You asked to stream a playlist called "Daily Mix 1" which matched in your library to a playlist called "Spotify: Daily Mix 1". Is that really on Spotify? I ask because the command as issued attempted to load a local playlist and not operate via the Spotty plugin. Same goes for "Release Radar" - the match had "Spotify: Release Radar" in the name but the attempt to play it treated it as a local playlist. Maybe this is how Music Services Integration handles Spotty playlists these days and I need to revisit my code. But it would not explain why your "Folk" playlist (which seems local) would not produce audio.

If your favorites and local music are streaming successfully then we cannot blame the recent migration to Axios as that is agnostic to the command being issued to LMS by the skill. If the JSON flows back and forth for one command correctly, it will do it for all.

I will see what I can do about getting the SB3 to work. It was recently "recapped", but I think I may now have a power supply problem that will need investigation. I can still use the clock feature requiring that it be networked which is why it shows up in "list players".

I understand completely the naming requirements from your setup instructions and now even better from your post. When I first subscribed to your skill, I experimented with renaming a few of my players and "assuming" them and found that everything worked perfectly. However, with LMS server and plugin updates, I have reverted to the names more meaningful to me because I rarely used your skill to stream to devices other than the Alexa ones themselves. I only use the "list" command to check the ngrok info that it gives at the end of the device list.

Yes, the Daily Mix 1 and Release Radar playlists are on Spotify. When the skill was working properly, I found that I could evoke the Spotify playlists without specifying their origin because Alexa apparently knew where they were because she said, "Blah, blah, blah from Spotify." You may not know because you said you do not have Spotify, but in LMS8 when you turn on Spotify integration your online playlists are displayed along with your local ones, only differentiated as "Spotify: Playlist". And, yes, the Folk playlist is local. Just to reiterate, until recently everything would stream fine whether local or from Spotify. Now, only the playlists from either source will not work, except occasionally several minutes after they have been evoked.

I've added some debug lines to the code and can now see what JSON my query returns for your library when you ask for a playlist. Indeed, multiple "Spotify: bla bla" ones are there by name, with an id to boot. LMS is not returning an error when I ask to play it for you via jsonrpc.js so it looks like the code is at least valid/allowed. Only thing is, it's not resulting in audio (for you). I'll need to get a Spotify account to debug this.

Just curious if anybody else has had any issues playing playlists lately? The logs don't show a single application-error for weeks now because all the bugs are ironed out and the skill code is static (except for the Axios change, but that's not showing any bugs in the logs and I've been using it daily for weeks here with no issues which is why I felt ok releasing it).

Thanks for continuing to look into this. I see Spotify is offering a free 3 month trial for their "Premium" tier as opposed to their free ad supported one. I don't think the latter will work with Spotty, but I'm not sure of that. Something I should try is to dis/re-enable the skill which I will do in the next few days and let you know if it solves the problem.
    Last edited by raglencross; 2020-12-13 at 13:50.

I've enabled Spotty on my dev rig and can indeed see all the Spotty playlists showing up in the library query with "Spotty: bla bla" in their name. But when I try to play one of these via jsonrpc.js, there is indeed no audio and it does not matter whether I try to load the playlist by id or by name. So it's not an Axios issue but LMS. I'm on 8.0.1 - 1607593012.

@mherger, is this functionality not yet supported via jsonrpc.js in LMS8.0.1 ? I tried:

Code:
    {
        "id": "1",
        "method": "slim.request",
        "params": [
            "00:04:20:11:22:33",
            [
                "playlist",
                "play",
                "playlist_id:1114"
            ]
        ]
    }
    and also

Code:
    {
        "id": "1",
        "method": "slim.request",
        "params": [
            "00:04:20:11:22:33",
            [
                "playlist",
                "play",
                "Spotty: Dinner Music"
            ]
        ]
    }

@raglencross, I've noticed that if Online Music Library Integration is disabled then local playlists still play fine (after a library rescan). Can you please verify that works for you too so I can absolutely rule out Axios as the culprit?

Still no audio from local playlists after turning off online integration and doing a clear and complete rescan of my library. I know you have asked already, but it's worth asking again, is anyone else experiencing a problem with no audio from local playlists?

I can indeed see that ["playlists" 0, 300] is now returning only local playlists after you disabled the online services. Maybe restarting LMS would help? In my trial here, I could play local playlists once I disabled online services. But I'm on a newer LMS than you so maybe there was a change. I test things with a second setup and a tiny local library with 10 albums so I can rescan in a second. All I did was rescan and not restart but maybe a restart would help.

Using Postman you can POST to the jsonrpc.js endpoint locally in your network to verify that playing a playlist results in no audio, even when attempted locally in your LAN. I'll try what happens with Material in debug mode and see if that results in audio or not.

OK, progress. I can see that Material is playing playlists using e.g. ["playlistcontrol","cmd:load","playlist_id:1402","l ibrary_id:0"] instead of the ["playlist","play","Spotty: bla bla"] variant that I am using (which works fine in LMS7.9.x when playlists are local). When MediaServer's code is modified to use this scheme, the skill produces audio both for local and online-service playlists in both 7.9.x and 8.x.

I'll check for corner-cases and when all is covered I'll push the code live. Should be later today CET.

@cpd73, thanks again for your wonderful "/material/?debug=json&layout=desktop" option in Material which is great for figuring out how to solve issues like these
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-12-15 at 09:21.

I now have audio on local playlists! I don't know whether it's because of the code changes you have made there or that I disabled/re-enabled the skill which like for apps/programs can sometimes magically clear up baffling problems. From your post, I see that you are working on a solution for online playlists, so I'll await your go ahead before turning on Spotify integration.

FYI, when attempting to sign in to the alexa skill on an ipad, I was getting the errors " Updating uuids for multiple skills will go wrong without tunnel names" and "Other smart skills linked with tunnel [name]. You must also include it for this skill". When I switched to https://alexa.amazon.com in a browser on a PC sign in to the skill proceeded normally.