Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    ● ngrok.service - ngrok autostart
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/ngrok.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: inactive (dead)

sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: HTTP auth is only available after you sign up.
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: Failed to bind a tunnel with HTTP authentication for an unauthenticated client.
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: Sign up at: https://ngrok.com/signup
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: If you have already signed up, make sure your authtoken is installed.
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: Your authtoken is available on your dashboard: https://dashboard.ngrok.com
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: [1B blob data]
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: ERR_NGROK_304
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica systemd[1]: ngrok.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

This is what I get when I try what you did. Looks like the systemd service is running as a non-authenticated ngrok user (it's associating with the wrong ngrok account). No idea how to fix this beause I don't use a service to run it myself, but it may help you search further.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    ● ngrok.service - ngrok autostart
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/ngrok.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: inactive (dead)

sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: HTTP auth is only available after you sign up.
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: Failed to bind a tunnel with HTTP authentication for an unauthenticated client.
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: Sign up at: https://ngrok.com/signup
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: If you have already signed up, make sure your authtoken is installed.
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: Your authtoken is available on your dashboard: https://dashboard.ngrok.com
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: [1B blob data]
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica ngrok[11598]: ERR_NGROK_304
    sep 27 19:25:13 domotica systemd[1]: ngrok.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

This is what I get when I try what you did. Looks like the systemd service is running as a non-authenticated ngrok user (it's associating with the wrong ngrok account). No idea how to fix this beause I don't use a service to run it myself, but it may help you search further.
    I think I might wait until someone else figures this out. I have no idea what I am doing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This method sounds like it should work to autostart ngrok.

https://github.com/inconshreveable/ngrok/issues/345

I;m finding that the invocation commands are a bit flaky. Often, Ask/Tell Media Server to ... either fails or returns the Open Media Server prompt.

Anyone else seeing this?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sure. With all skills and not just this one. It’s down to how well you pace the flow of the utterance. Too quick confuses her and the skill doesn’t even get invoked. Too slow and she assumes you’re finished speaking and processes an incomplete command.

In my experience, a tiny pause after the skill name and before the actual intent is spoken will get you 95% correct responses.

For sure. With all skills and not just this one. It’s down to how well you pace the flow of the utterance. Too quick confuses her and the skill doesn’t even get invoked. Too slow and she assumes you’re finished speaking and processes an incomplete command.

In my experience, a tiny pause after the skill name and before the actual intent is spoken will get you 95% correct responses.
    Understood. Thanks. Any news on Favourites?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla;
    Understood. Thanks. Any news on Favourites?
    I'm first looking into giving more flexibility with player names so the room barename requirement can be relaxed. I'm adding the discovered players to a dynamic entity list which should be available to non one-shot commands at a minimum, and maybe even one-shots too. That all depends on Amazon.

Also working on always being able to play tracks or albums whose names contain numbers (can be either numerical or textual). Now it's hit or miss because Alexa always returns a spoken number like twenty as an numeral like 20 and never as a word like twenty.

Favourites is then next on the list

I'm first looking into giving more flexibility with player names so the room barename requirement can be relaxed. I'm adding the discovered players to a dynamic entity list which should be available to non one-shot commands at a minimum, and maybe even one-shots too. That all depends on Amazon.

Also working on always being able to play tracks or albums whose names contain numbers (can be either numerical or textual). Now it's hit or miss because Alexa always returns a spoken number like twenty as an numeral like 20 and never as a word like twenty.

Thanks for the update info.

I'm starting to like the skill ! It works well for my basic use.

Forgive me for asking but what is a "one shot" command?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast;
    Forgive me for asking but what is a "one shot" command?
    It's when you provide the entire command in one utterance, without first asking to open the skill and then saying a command, and additionally where she doesn't have to ask for missing info.

Example: 'Alexa, ask Media Server to play the album Abacab by Genesis on the Bedroom player'