Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks Phil. I suspected that the Alexa architecture would be the limiting factor here, but can't help thinking that having the capability to notify skills of early events like this will eventually be desirable or necessary (if it isn't already). There are lots of A/V-related skills available now, all of which are creating noise and limiting Alexa's ability to listen

Good point on muting. I hadn't considered when the player was set to fixed volume at 100%, so ducking isn't entirely straightforward. I can see how this might work, but any command runs the risk of being mis-heard, even a simple mute request.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting up a pi

Following on from my earlier posts, I decided to get a Pi to (possibly) contain music that my elderly parents can listen to by voice. After my third re-imaging of the Pi I've got that going successfully.

I've copied ngrok onto the pi and given it my authtoken. I have got a tunnel!

The instructions for ngrok autostart say to edit ngrok.yml in my home directory on the Pi. But I've been told elsewhere that on PiCoreplayer this directory is only in RAM and it's therefore a bad idea to use it.
    If I'm understanding correctly, what's the best way around this?

I'm rapidly getting the headache I expected from messing with linux all day making this all work!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mecouc View Post
    The instructions for ngrok autostart say to edit ngrok.yml in my home directory on the Pi. But I've been told elsewhere that on PiCoreplayer this directory is only in RAM and it's therefore a bad idea to use it.
    It is a bad idea deal to put a large files (like an entire music library) in there (because it is held in memory) but it is fine to put small scripts or a configuration file in there because they do not use much memory and that directory is automatically included in the pCP backup.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

So, how do I install ngrok on picoreplayer? I thought it was only via extensions ... ?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From ssh session or attached screen + keyboard.

wget it
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    From ssh session or attached screen + keyboard.

wget it
    ... and then how to install? I'm used to dpkg installs.

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Announce] 'MediaServer' *certified* Alexa skill for LMS

wget then unzip it

unzip ngrok-stable-linux-arm.zip

Then run it!

My recollection is that Phil has documented the steps for Linux and is same for pCP.
    Paul Webster

There is no real install. Itĺs a single file when unpacked. Put it in /usr/local/bin when unpacked and thatĺs it. The beauty of ngrok.

I don't think it would be put there in pCP as I expect that is a write-protected folder.
    Simple leave it in the home directory.
    Paul Webster

Thanks - I'll give it a go.