Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Unfortunately, the only way to handle nested favorites is to make several JSON trips out and back - there's simply no other way with the LMS API. Having just one level with no folders will be quicker and may save the day for you. Even if your desired favorite is at the top level, the command will still fetch your entire hierarchy (that includes the on mysqueezebox.com folder). Keep it flat for speed.

Don't forget also that your ISP upload speed is a factor in responding to the skill. It's more than just the LMS platform speed. The issue you're having with the display on the Echo Show 5 not updating is not related to the pi vs Joggler - that's much more likely related to your internet. Might just be a fluke that it worked when you swapped. If you're rural, you may also have droppy internet. You'll not really notice that when browsing and such but a skill is the worst test of that because it's 8 seconds or die...

Not to brag, but I have 250Mbit internet and LMS on a Synology DS916+ with 8GB. The speed of response always makes Alexa a little dizzy, or so she tells me
    Understood. I'll try with a flat list!

My internet is pretty basic - max 6gb via wifi from nearest mountain slope ...
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see in the logs that some people Stateside are trying hard to make their own lives as difficult as possible with this skill.

Hint: If you try a command 7 times in a row and each time she asks you "on what player?", it's because she cannot make sense of your player name. And likely never will. If you ask her "what players do I have?" she will gladly read out your player names. No matter what they are. Because she can read *anything* from typed text. That's why after discovery she reads out your player names as you typed them in LMS or iPeng, in all their glory. And shows them to you on your Echo Show screens.

However, that does not mean she will correctly *understand* those player names when she's listening to you speak them

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Understood. I'll try with a flat list!

My internet is pretty basic - max 6gb via wifi from nearest mountain slope ...
    I reduced the favourites to 2 entries. The joggler can handle the stream requests.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I reduced the favourites to 2 entries. The joggler can handle the stream requests.
    Good to hear. So now you know what to ask Santa for...

not working for me

im really struggling to get the skill to do anything for me

all's connected, linked via ngrok and subscribed, but almost all requests result in amazon music trying to play and if a command does go to the skill it sees all commands as a 'favourite' and asks me which favourite to play, or it cant find a favourite with that name.

even simple commands like stop or pause are ignored - its sometimes slightly better if i ask alexa to open media server, then wait unti she asks me for a media server command

any ideas/suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post

all's connected, linked via ngrok and subscribed, but almost all requests result in amazon music trying to play and if a command does go to the skill it sees all commands as a 'favourite' and asks me which favourite to play, or it cant find a favourite with that name.

even simple commands like stop or pause are ignored - its sometimes slightly better if i ask alexa to open media server, then wait unti she asks me for a media server command

any ideas/suggestions?
    Try commands like
    "Start playback using Media Server" and
    "Stop playback using Media Server"

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post

any ideas/suggestions?
    Hi, I'm not seeing anything strange in the logs, except for somebody in Europe trying to play something by an artist called CHRISTMAS when that is of course a genre and not an artist. In the US, somebody is having problems with an SSL cert that's using the wrong version of TLS, but that's not you if you're using ngrok. Nobody has had a response mentioning favorites in the last 5 hours or so.

Try power-cycling your Echo as they can sometimes get themselves into a knot and send garbled data to Amazon. You may not even be invoking this skill and something else is responding to your commands.

SO, I just got Alexa...total novice. Connected her to a Bose Sound Dock, for improved mp3 sound, but want to play FLACS with Alexa...

Is there a wiki / HOWTO on what I need to do to connect LMS to Alexa ? I have it paying Christmas music now, but the ads need to go ... instread of getting Amazon Prime and Amazon Music, maybe this would work better ... not clear what the cost is ...

THX!

Quote Originally Posted by kappclark View Post
    SO, I just got Alexa...total novice. Connected her to a Bose Sound Dock, for improved mp3 sound, but want to play FLACS with Alexa...

Is there a wiki / HOWTO on what I need to do to connect LMS to Alexa ? I have it paying Christmas music now, but the ads need to go ... instread of getting Amazon Prime and Amazon Music, maybe this would work better ... not clear what the cost is ...

THX!
    Take a look at https://mediaserver.smartskills.tech...erverhelp.html. The subscription is 2.99 per month and is free to try for 7 days. Give it a go !

Quote Originally Posted by kappclark View Post

THX!
    You canĺt as yet play FLACs through an Echo thingy except from Amazon HD.
    The skill will control an SB Player (and pseudo SB players) playing FLAC but it will only play mp3 so far.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng