Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Maybe my region is wrong in ngrok. US is reported when I am in the UK. How do In change it and what do I change it to? Thanks in advance. This looks promising.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I changed the region and still no luck. Do I need to input a username and password in the skill? I don't see anywhere to do it.

A lot of LMS users access live radio via a Favourites list. This option seems missing from the skill ... ?
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I changed the region and still no luck. Do I need to input a username and password in the skill? I don't see anywhere to do it.
    It's not account or region related. From the skill's logs, I can see that the error being returned by ngrok is that the tunnel with the name you are entering does not exist. This is very likely because you are starting the tunnel with the ./ngrok http 9000 command and then killing it again with ctrl-c or some other means. The tunnel shuts down the moment the ngrok process terminates on your machine. Try opening it in its own terminal session and leaving it run while you test the skill. You should see lots of POST /jsonrpc.js 200 [OK] type stuff in the ngrok log display as the skill communicates with your LMS.

I also can see that your tunnel username and password are blank which is ok to test quickly, but not for a permanent setup. if I were you I'd use the option with

./ngrok http -auth "user:password" 9000

and use a username and password during tunnel setup. You then enter those values into the 2nd and 3rd fields on the account linking form, under the server path.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2019-09-26 at 00:24.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    It's not account or region related. From the skill's logs, I can see that the error being returned by ngrok is that the tunnel with the name you are entering does not exist. This is very likely because you are starting the tunnel with the ./ngrok http 9000 command and then killing it again with ctrl-c or some other means. The tunnel shuts down the moment the ngrok process terminates on your machine. Try opening it in its own terminal session and leaving it run while you test the skill. You should see lots of POST /jsonrpc.js 200 [OK] type stuff in the ngrok log display as the skill communicates with your LMS.

I also can see that your tunnel username and password are blank which is ok to test quickly, but not for a permanent setup. if I were you I'd use the option with

./ngrok http -auth "userassword" 9000

and use a username and password during tunnel setup. You then enter those values into the 2nd and 3rd fields on the account linking form, under the server path.
    I realised where to put the username and password while lying in bed. For some reason I thought the skill was asking for any LMS password details. I blame the wine and the late hour. I'll try again this morning.
    I did use ctrl-C before I closed the terminal at the end of my tests and previously when I changed the region. I see now I probably shouldn't have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    A lot of LMS users access live radio via a Favourites list. This option seems missing from the skill ... ?
    Correct - it's not currently supported. If it can be handled by a JSON command, I can add it.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Correct - it's not currently supported. If it can be handled by a JSON command, I can add it.
    Yes - that would be a plus. meep's skill used FAVOURITE 1 .... FAVOURITE NN to call the item.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally getting somewhere. Four players are recognised. When I say "Alexa tell media server to start playback" I get "the skill Plex can help with that did you want to enable it"

Although my router supports SSL Web Proxy the firmware is too old to allow for a LetsEncrypt Cert - bugger!

I have loads of servers up in the cloud with Certs but none have VPN's back to here so I have opted for ngrok for the time being and it has taken me a couple of minutes to get it set up and running with auth. Now I just need to daemonise it on start up somehow but I have a day or two until my Echo Dot arrives.

For those wondering about the region mentioned above - the options are - us, eu, ap, au, sa, jp, in

My start command is therefore

./ngrok http -region=eu -auth "usernameassword" 9000
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Although my router supports SSL Web Proxy the firmware is too old to allow for a LetsEncrypt Cert - bugger!

I have loads of servers up in the cloud with Certs but none have VPN's back to here so I have opted for ngrok for the time being and it has taken me a couple of minutes to get it set up and running with auth. Now I just need to daemonise it on start up somehow but I have a day or two until my Echo Dot arrives.

For those wondering about the region mentioned above - the options are - us, eu, ap, au, sa, jp, in

My start command is therefore

./ngrok http -region=eu -auth "usernameassword" 9000
    Region seems to be unnecessary. I will be interested to hear your impressions when your echo arrives to see if you have the same issues as I have.

If you are running on a Pi I would also be interested in your solution to auto start the server. It might be worth looking at the MusicIP on Raspberry Pi thread to see how it was done there.

Last edited by slartibartfast; 2019-09-26 at 03:16.

For those wondering how to run ngrok as a background task

./ngrok http -log=stdout -region=eu -auth userassword 9000 > ngrok.log &

This disables the console and outputs to a log file

./ngrok http -log=stdout -region=eu -auth userassword 9000 > /dev/null &

This disables the console and outputs to /dev/null

You then need to go to the ngrok dashboard to find your hostname or http://127.0.0.1:4040 (but I can't do the latter as I have no GUI on the LMS machine)
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng