Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1019
  1. #201
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    817

    [Announce] 'MediaServer' *certified* Alexa skill for LMS

    @castalla, for clarity, what was the exact command that worked for you?

    Edit: Ah, you edited out the ‘it worked’ just as I posted.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2019-11-07 at 06:52.

  2. #202
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    817

    Spotty doesn't expose generic commands to search etc. It's "only"
    providing menu navigation (as cpd73 lined out). Which might make it hard
    to access through Alexa.

    But wouldn't Alexa support Spotify out of the box anyway?

    --

    Michael
    Just as I thought. No idea what Spotify does with Alexa for Connect devices like a Squeezebox.

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,276
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    @castalla, for clarity, what was the exact command that worked for you?

    Edit: Ah, you edited out the ‘it worked’ just as I posted.
    I was fooled - it was Spotify playing on the echo! I'm whoozy with meds. so I shouldn't really be messing around with all this new-fangled stuff at the moment. Sorry.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    4,759
    Could contrive something that would not work with central Alexa plus distributed Squeezeboxes ...

    Ask Media Server to play The Beatles from Spotify in daughter’s bedroom

    Easy solution, of course, would be to put an Alexa device in that bedroom but that might not be a wanted approach.

    Very contrived though.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz

  5. #205
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I wonder what that would look like in JSON commands? In 'normal' LMS
    > control, you can query the library by string-search or IDs and request
    > building a playlist accordingly. Is that functionality
    > exposed/extended/embraced by Spotty in some way?


    Spotty doesn't expose generic commands to search etc. It's "only"
    providing menu navigation (as cpd73 lined out). Which might make it hard
    to access through Alexa.

    But wouldn't Alexa support Spotify out of the box anyway?

    --

    Michael
    Hi Michael,

    you are right, Alexa supports Spotify out of the Box.

    Maybe I should explain a little more.

    I have a working environment with an LMS Server, connected with Spotty to my Spotify account wich powers four picoreplayer. Everything worked fine since I bought an Echo dot.
    Since then I am addicted in telling Alexa how to play Music, also Music from Spotify, but unfortunately I have only one Echo in the Kitchen.

    So I found the MediaServer Plugin which will enable the Alexa Features on the LogitechMedia Server since I have Spotify I only listen to Spotify Music and my local stored MP3s are no longer used.

    On the other Side I tried to install Alexa on one of my Raspberries but then I don't have the Feature to pair them into a Music Group.

    Right now I must decide wether to hear Spotify Music on the Echo in the Kitchen with the benefits of Alexa or hear Spotify everywhere in the House with the Support of your Great App, thanks for that, but without Voice Control.
    Last edited by Lukor-1975; 2019-11-07 at 07:16.

  6. #206
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Could contrive something that would not work with central Alexa plus distributed Squeezeboxes ...

    Ask Media Server to play The Beatles from Spotify in daughter’s bedroom

    Easy solution, of course, would be to put an Alexa device in that bedroom but that might not be a wanted approach.

    Very contrived though.
    Hi Paul,

    of course buying an Echo for every Room is the simplest solution but I have a working Multiroom solution and I hope I could use it furthermore
    Last edited by Lukor-1975; 2019-11-07 at 07:24.

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,276
    On a different topic:

    Any developents with the LMS to echo skill?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  8. #208
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    817

    [Announce] 'MediaServer' *certified* Alexa skill for LMS

    Yep - works consistently. It’s actually really nice that the music emanating from the Echo stops the moment you say Alexa to let you complete a command in peace This will require recertification though as I had to add several new commands to the voice model. Just rolling some other improvements together before submitting it all to Amazon for (hopeful) approval.

    It’s surprising how good the Echo Show gen 2 sounds as a Squeezebox. Can’t wait to try an Echo Studio with Atmos capability being fed by an LMS lossless source.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    6,201
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Yep - works consistently. It’s actually really nice that the music emanating from the Echo stops the moment you say Alexa to let you complete a command in peace This will require recertification though as I had to add several new commands to the voice model. Just rolling some other improvements together before submitting it all to Amazon for (hopeful) approval.

    It’s surprising how good the Echo Show gen 2 sounds as a Squeezebox. Can’t wait to try an Echo Studio with Atmos capability being fed by an LMS lossless source.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this using stream.mp3 and therefore limited to mp3 quality?
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net


    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

  10. #210
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    817
    Is this using stream.mp3 and therefore limited to mp3 quality?
    Yes. Good point. Sounds better than Amazon Prime though

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •