Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    In Putty ... put the mouse cursor at the start of the text to copy and then hold left button down and drag over the area to copy ... then let go of the mouse button you should find that the text is in the copy buffer (like doing a ^c).
    Yes - that works but only within the terminal.

I wanted to copy in terminal the paste on my home PC. I can copy on home PC then paste into terminal (Shift Insert), but not vice versa.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just did it ... copied from RPi via Putty terminal session and pasted into Notepad on the Windows PC that is running Putty.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I just did it ... copied from RPi via Putty terminal session and pasted into Notepad on the Windows PC that is running Putty.
    Thanks.

I'll try it again and report back.

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SmarTTY is much nicer than PuTTY in my humble opinion. Also old eyes

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    SmarTTY is much nicer than PuTTY in my humble opinion. Also old eyes
    Thanks - but I'm on Linux. Tried to install via Wine - but crashes out, I'm afraid.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Update:

Adding the web_auth (mentioned earlier) line to ngrok.yml works. (Thanks, Paul).

The web interface provides more info than you could ever want!

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

I've hit a problem using ngrok.

I entered the appropriate info in the linking. This is successful - the skill reports the players as found:

Discover:
    MediaServer
    Discovery found 5 players: Blackradio, Touch, Nestdisplay, Priva2, Priva1.

Then, when I issue a 2nd command, I get:

Server Down
    MediaServer
    Your LMS server is not currently responding.

Accessing via the web gui continues to work without problems.

Update:

Relinked. Waited a few minutes. Skill now working! Renamed player to Black:

Assumed Player
    MediaServer
    Now assuming the 'Black' player.
    Last edited by castalla; 2019-10-12 at 22:57.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

That sounds like a genuine connectivity glitch. Alexa only waits max 8 seconds for a skill to respond before she errors off in a huff, so the skill gives LMS a max of 6 secs of timeout. If it linked and discovered ok then the comms details were clearly entered correctly. Any comms errors after that must be genuine temporary drops in connectivity in the path from the Amazon cloud to your LMS. Player names would not affect that. Things like wonky WiFi, a pi busy doing something very CPU intensive instead of being a good ngrok host - that comes to mind. Alexa herself also drops from time to time in my experience, although not often. Amazon ainĺt perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    That sounds like a genuine connectivity glitch. Alexa only waits max 8 seconds for a skill to respond before she errors off in a huff, so the skill gives LMS a max of 6 secs of timeout. If it linked and discovered ok then the comms details were clearly entered correctly. Any comms errors after that must be genuine temporary drops in connectivity in the path from the Amazon cloud to your LMS. Player names would not affect that. Things like wonky WiFi, a pi busy doing something very CPU intensive instead of being a good ngrok host - that comes to mind. Alexa herself also drops from time to time in my experience, although not often. Amazon ainĺt perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems stable at the moment ... no errors since it started working again. ngrok is the only program running on the wired pi.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Adding the web_auth (mentioned earlier) line to ngrok.yml works. (Thanks, Paul).
    Great.
    I must have a go at this as well (I found the solution to your problem by searching as I don't have ngrok here yet).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin