Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1186
    It works! Thanks you. Take my money - literally. New subscriber now happy

One more feature request for "one day" - The Echo Show 15 can be mounted in portrait mode and the normal display looked quite squashed in landscape. I am sure there is also some value to looking at "widgets" for the future too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    It works! Thanks you. Take my money - literally. New subscriber now happy

One more feature request for "one day" - The Echo Show 15 can be mounted in portrait mode and the normal display looked quite squashed in landscape. I am sure there is also some value to looking at "widgets" for the future too.
    Glad to oblige. Who knows, it may prove useful to others

I can play around with the Echo Show 15 layout in the APL web-simulator but the documentation on widgets is totally useless so no idea how to implement them. Over the years, I've suggested dozens of improvements to the Amazon docs when I finally figure something out, but in the case of widgets the baseline is not good enough to get me even started.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Amazon has freshly certified V6.0 of MediaServer.....
    Many thanks for the new commands (early/recent/from/display), they are working well. The early/recent is very useful with a large collection by a particular artist and makes quick shuffled playback far easier than using a standard touch control interface (as does play by year). Thumbs up for voice control - good work!
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Another minor one, probably mentioned in the long thread somewhere, but just for fun I tried the Alexa Windows app as a player and it doesn't work - but this is probably because it uses some off-net proxy (the private address space that I do not use is a good clue) of it's own, as seen in the IPs below (the bottom player is one of the Echo Show 15s):

Name:  Screenshot 2022-02-17 075828.png
Views: 143
Size:  19.6 KB

I doubt this is fixable, and if not already probably worth mentioning in the docs.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy;
    Another minor one, probably mentioned in the long thread somewhere, but just for fun I tried the Alexa Windows app as a player and it doesn't work - but this is probably because it uses some off-net proxy (the private address space that I do not use is a good clue) of it's own, as seen in the IPs below (the bottom player is one of the Echo Show 15s):

I doubt this is fixable, and if not already probably worth mentioning in the docs.
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2022-02-17 at 12.54.35.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  52.2 KB

I have not tried it in the Windows app but it does work in the Alexa app on the iPhone (see screenshot). Likely on Android too but I cannot verify. But that's all down to how Amazon proxies their stuff and is not on me. So no idea why Windows is different.

By the look of the AirPlay logo, it would seem that you can even cast it from the phone to an AirPlay speaker but I have none at hand to test

If you start a stream while on WiFi and then switch to 4G it continues ad infinitum. That surprises me TBH. However, if you try and start it while on 4G it says it is going to play but then there is silence. If you stop a stream and later ask Alexa "tell MediaServer to resume" it will continue if the iPhone on WiFi but not on 4G (I then see PlaybackFailed in the logs with as reason "MEDIA_ERROR_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR").

EDIT: I can confirm I could AirPlay a MediaServer stream from the Alexa app to my Marantz AVR.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2022-02-17 at 06:34.

It's probably my odd setup, Android app does the same - a 172.22.0.x address and nothing. Next time someone with an Apple device visits I'll have a play there too

The APL player-controls received a facelift. @staresy pointed out that the badges for the repeat/shuffle buttons were being cropped on the Echo Show 5. There was a bug in the APL simulator that was hiding this for me and I could not verify on a real device, but the simulator has been updated and now I could see the problem.

The badges are now positioned at the top where they won't crop, and the 'Player Controls' text has been removed to allow the whole frame to be less tall. It also now has a border. Let me know if any further tweaks are needed on real devices, but it looks better now on all my physical devices and in the simulator on the ones I don't physically have.

401 authenitcation error

Hi

Have installed via the installer on the mediaserver.smartskills.tech site - all simple enough to follow and using powershell on windows to install with ngrog - worked fine.

Have linked the skill via amazon and again straight forward to do.

Using with Echo dot - 2nd / 3rd gen can connect to the media server - but when I ask Alexa to tell media server xxxxx to do anything I get

you need need to take action ngrog reports a 401 authorization failure it might be a temporary service glitch you can try again later if you deliberately changed your credentials relink the skill

Can bring up the ngrog status - all good and looks fine via //localhost:4040/status
    and the skill looks to be still enabled under Amazon.

Apologies if this was covered somewhere - but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobefax View Post
    Hi

Have installed via the installer on the mediaserver.smartskills.tech site - all simple enough to follow and using powershell on windows to install with ngrog - worked fine.

Have linked the skill via amazon and again straight forward to do.

Using with Echo dot - 2nd / 3rd gen can connect to the media server - but when I ask Alexa to tell media server xxxxx to do anything I get

you need need to take action ngrog reports a 401 authorization failure it might be a temporary service glitch you can try again later if you deliberately changed your credentials relink the skill

Can bring up the ngrog status - all good and looks fine via //localhost:4040/status
    and the skill looks to be still enabled under Amazon.

Apologies if this was covered somewhere - but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Bob
    Maybe unlink the skill and re-link it from the same browser where you did it the first time so it grabs your uuid. Amazon might have picked up your oauth token erroneously. Rarely happens but I’ve seen it a handful of times.

p.s. When you are looking at the :4040 status page you are not using your credentials as that's 'local'. Try to access the assigned ngrok URL from a browser. That way, you'll have to authenticate and this will show you if your credentials are wrong.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2022-02-26 at 13:55.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Maybe unlink the skill and re-link it from the same browser where you did it the first time so it grabs your uuid. Amazon might have grabbed your oauth token erroneously. Rarely happens but Iĺve seen it a handful of times.
    Thanks seem to have sorted... found the media server on the cloud but no players - turn on my Squeezebox Radio and am listening to music - will now try and get it working via echo's :-)

Thanks again for your very quick response.