Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast;
    I have not noticed any issues after closing the terminal.
    What OS are you on, specifically? Maybe you have it auto enabled. On Ubuntu, ngrok dies without this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    What OS are you on, specifically? Maybe you have it auto enabled. On Ubuntu, ngrok dies without this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Max2Play so Raspbian Stretch.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I cleared my old favourites and made 3 new ones from the GUI, where the second favourite is actually contained in a folder one hierarchical level lower. When I query the JSON with [ 'favorites', 'items', 0, 20 ] this is what is returned:

Code:
    {
       "method" : "slim.request",
       "params" : [
          "00:04:20:xx:yy:zz",
          [
             "favorites",
             "items",
             "0",
             "20"
          ]
       ],
       "result" : {
          "count" : 3,
          "loop_loop" : [
             {
                "hasitems" : 0,
                "id" : "ee5ceb24.0",
                "isaudio" : 1,
                "name" : "We will conquer",
                "type" : "audio"
             },
             {
                "hasitems" : 1,
                "id" : "ee5ceb24.1",
                "isaudio" : 0,
                "name" : "Folder 1"
             },
             {
                "id" : "ee5ceb24.2",
                "name" : "1000 Suns",
             }
          ],
          "title" : "Favorites"
       }
    }
    Each time I run the query, the IDs change which is unexpected but not a show-stopper. Also, the child hierarchy under the 2nd parent called 'Folder 1' is not shown in the JSON.
    The API command [ 'favorites', 'playlist', 'play', 'item_id:ee5ceb24.1' ] is supposed to blindly play *all* child items if you use the ID of the parent, which it does. But then you cannot select the desired sub-item in the folder. Or are those people using hierarchy only using a single child per folder level ?

I cleared my old favourites and made 3 new ones from the GUI, where the second favourite is actually contained in a folder one hierarchical level lower. When I query the JSON with [ 'favorites', 'items', 0, 20 ] this is what is returned:

Code:
    {
       "method" : "slim.request",
       "params" : [
          "00:04:20:xx:yy:zz",
          [
             "favorites",
             "items",
             "0",
             "20"
          ]
       ],
       "result" : {
          "count" : 3,
          "loop_loop" : [
             {
                "id" : "ee5ceb24.0",
                "name" : "We will conquer",
             },
             {
                "hasitems" : 1,
                "id" : "ee5ceb24.1",
                "isaudio" : 0,
                "name" : "Folder 1"
             },
             {
                "id" : "ee5ceb24.2",
                "name" : "1000 Suns",
             }
          ],
          "title" : "Favorites"
       }
    }
    Each time I run the query, the IDs change which is unexpected but not a show-stopper. Also, the child hierarchy under the 2nd parent called 'Folder 1' is not shown in the JSON.
    The API command [ 'favorites', 'playlist', 'play', 'item_id:ee5ceb24.1' ] is supposed to blindly play *all* child items if you use the ID of the parent, which it does. But then you cannot select the desired sub-item in the folder. Or are those people using hierarchy only using a single child per folder level ?
    It would completely defeat the purpose if you had only one child per folder!?
    In order to play a child item you have to open the folder first in all controllers and players that Iĺve come across.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Just as I thought. But interesting that the API does not expose the hierarchy. The viewer must expose it by a different query to the server than this documented one. Do you pick and choose children to play or just always play the whole child-tree?

You pick a child not the whole branch of the tree
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

I finally got round to installing ngrok on a pi. Seems to work well connecting to LMS across the interweb .... I haven't configured the skill as yet, as I wanted to test the ngrok functions first before committing!

However, I have one (at least) problem.

When I try to inspect the ngrok connections using http remote server ip:4040, I get 'refused to connect'

ngrok is installed on dedicated raspi rasbian. Netstat show port 4040 as listening.

Any tips?
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I thought. But interesting that the API does not expose the hierarchy. The viewer must expose it by a different query to the server than this documented one. Do you pick and choose children to play or just always play the whole child-tree?
    If you use ["favorites","items",0,100,"menu:favorites","menu:1 "] You will get favorites_url in the response - perhaps you can use that instead of ID? Or you can parse the whole response, and use the commands/params provided. If you use the Material skin and start t via http://SERVER:9000/material/mobile?debug=json it will show the JSON messages material sends, and the responses received, in the console tab of the browser's developer tools.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    When I try to inspect the ngrok connections using http remote server ip:4040, I get 'refused to connect'

ngrok is installed on dedicated raspi rasbian. Netstat show port 4040 as listening.

Any tips?
    My guess is that it is only listening on 127.0.0.1 by default ... try something like
    web_addr: 0.0.0.0:4040
    in the ngrok config file
    to tell it to listen on all IP addresses.
    I presume that this is a safety feature so you should search to see if it is acceptable (e.g. you probably do not care if anyone on your local LAN can access it).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    My guess is that it is only listening on 127.0.0.1 by default ... try something like
    web_addr: 0.0.0.0:4040
    in the ngrok config file
    to tell it to listen on all IP addresses.
    I presume that this is a safety feature so you should search to see if it is acceptable (e.g. you probably do not care if anyone on your local LAN can access it).
    I can't see any ngrok config file ... ? I moved ngrok to /usr/local/bin as recommended.

update: found it! (hidden file)

So next problem: how do I just stop the running ngrok (then restart with updated config file) ?
    I want to avoid having to go through the reauth process at this point rather than do a full reboot.
    Last edited by castalla; 2019-10-12 at 03:43.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------