Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1186
  1. #1081
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,504
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    The Alexa app only shows an update when a certification round is needed due to voice model changes. Nothing changed in the voice model in recent months but the code changed a-plenty.

    When you say "no artwork shown" for the favs that actually player, what was there on the screen instead? If you fav does not have an associated icon in the opml then there's nothing to display.

    Try playing something on a squeezebox rather than on the Echo. See if that works.
    Works fine on squeezebox.

    The artwork shown is a grey box with a music note (which on squeezebox and lms shows as station logo or current track playing)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  2. #1082
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Works fine on squeezebox.

    The artwork shown is a grey box with a music note (which on squeezebox and lms shows as station logo or current track playing)
    I'll bet the offending favorite plays via an LMS plugin? The plugin makes sure that the correct icon shows in LMS. But when streaming, you're likely not going via the plugin and therefore losing the icon.

    TBH, icons are not that exciting for streaming anyway and are only even shown at all in a limited number of cases. That's because a stream is not allowed to change the artwork after starting out and e.g. for a playlist the artwork likely needs updating for every track.

    The artwork is more of a 'thing' for playback on regular players where I can update the APL shown as often as I like.

    But if you really want an icon to show when streaming, you can paste the url into the opml file in your prefs folder and it will work just fine. Not for the faint-hearted though.

  3. #1083
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,504
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    I'll bet the offending favorite plays via an LMS plugin? The plugin makes sure that the correct icon shows in LMS. But when streaming, you're likely not going via the plugin and therefore losing the icon.

    TBH, icons are not that exciting for streaming anyway and are only even shown at all in a limited number of cases. That's because a stream is not allowed to change the artwork after starting out and e.g. for a playlist the artwork likely needs updating for every track.

    The artwork is more of a 'thing' for playback on regular players where I can update the APL shown as often as I like.

    But if you really want an icon to show when streaming, you can paste the url into the opml file in your prefs folder and it will work just fine. Not for the faint-hearted though.
    TUNEIN for favs 2 and 3
    Fav 1 is a stream using the Global Player plugin - icon but no sound.

    All report as AAC.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #1084
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    TUNEIN for favs 2 and 3
    Fav 1 is a stream using the Global Player plugin - icon but no sound.

    All report as AAC.
    You should have audio for favorite 1. No idea why it does not play. You do see the icon for that because it's https://herald.musicradio.com/media/...7fcfa1c451.png which is 'normal'.

    The icon for fav 2 is /imageproxy/http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-profiles.tunein.com%2Fs56890%2Fimages%2Flogoq.png% 3Ft%3D154228/image.png which won't display on an Echo as-is. However, if I ignore the 'imageproxy' (no idea what that is. Anybody?) and URL decode the remainder to http://cdn-profiles.tunein.com/s5689...4228/image.png then it does display. I can automatically do that in my code if I know it will always make sense.

    Can anybody pitch in?

  5. #1085
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    5,480
    It is a URL relative to LMS … so equivalent to
    h t t p://lmshost:9000/imageproxy etc

    It is a built-in proxy in LMS that can reduce external lookups and perform image scaling.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

  6. #1086
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,504
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    You should have audio for favorite 1. No idea why it does not play. You do see the icon for that because it's https://herald.musicradio.com/media/...7fcfa1c451.png which is 'normal'.

    The icon for fav 2 is /imageproxy/http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-profiles.tunein.com%2Fs56890%2Fimages%2Flogoq.png% 3Ft%3D154228/image.png which won't display on an Echo as-is. However, if I ignore the 'imageproxy' (no idea what that is. Anybody?) and URL decode the remainder to http://cdn-profiles.tunein.com/s5689...4228/image.png then it does display. I can automatically do that in my code if I know it will always make sense.

    Can anybody pitch in?

    It's the LBC UK stream via Global Player...
    We need someone else to test the same Global link to see if it's me or a general issue?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. #1087
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    It is a URL relative to LMS … so equivalent to
    h t t p://lmshost:9000/imageproxy etc

    It is a built-in proxy in LMS that can reduce external lookups and perform image scaling.
    Thanks Paul. That makes sense. I’ll just grab it from the url-decoded external path when it’s available via https and otherwise get of from LMS via my own proxy towards Amazon.

  8. #1088
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla;
    It's the LBC UK stream via Global Player...
    We need someone else to test the same Global link to see if it's me or a general issue?
    You should now have icons for the /imageproxy/ favorites. Let me know how it goes.

  9. #1089
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,504
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    You should now have icons for the /imageproxy/ favorites. Let me know how it goes.
    Thanks. Will be tomorrow before I can test. Will report back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  10. #1090
    Senior Member philchillbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Thanks. Will be tomorrow before I can test. Will report back.
    Sure. The lack of audio on TuneIn might be a geo restriction when playing via Amazon (who knows where that server is located). Anyway, you can play any tunein station outside of LMS involvement by just saying Alexa, play bla bla on Tune In. Amazon then handles it via their license.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •