Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 105 of 119 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1187
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    The old updater was python. Anyway just checked the new update script and the uuid is exactly the same as on the old server. Does that mean now it is linked the updater should take care of it in future?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yep. You can run the new update script at any time and the message should indicate success. Updating is always allowed, even if nothing actually changes. Presume the new file is .sh?

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Yep. You can run the new update script at any time and the message should indicate success. Updating is always allowed, even if nothing actually changes. Presume the new file is .sh?
    So the mystery is why did the skills fail initially. Is it because they were already linked when using the old server?

So the mystery is why did the skills fail initially. Is it because they were already linked when using the old server?

Don't see why that would matter. The skills are blissfully unaware of your setup. When they fail due to an expired tunnel, they check my server what your updater script pushed and update themselves with that if the uuid matches. Are you sure the 'old' and' new' uuids were indeed the same?

Don't see why that would matter. The skills are blissfully unaware of your setup. When they fail due to an expired tunnel, they check my server what your updater script pushed and update themselves with that if the uuid matches. Are you sure the 'old' and' new' uuids were indeed the same?
    Exactly the same. I opened updater.sh to edit the uuid and saw the same string.

Exactly the same. I opened updater.sh to edit the uuid and saw the same string.

From the logs, it looks like ngrok had died (somehow) after pushing the updated details initially, so no tunnel was found at the latest known url. When you re-ran the script, that update pushed the correct latest ngrok url and so it worked. As with all things stateful, lack of sync between all stages involved causes unknowns...

All working OK now?

My statistics show that the majority of people have the skills linked within 3-6 minutes after downloading their easy-setup script, but that does entail having localStorage properly track their progress through the various stages. Browser security is a good thing, but it does prevent one browser tab from tracking a second browser tab via localStorage, even when the domain is the same.

From the logs, it looks like ngrok had died (somehow) after pushing the updated details initially, so no tunnel was found at the latest known url. When you re-ran the script, that update pushed the correct latest ngrok url and so it worked. As with all things stateful, lack of sync between all stages involved causes unknowns...

All working OK now?

My statistics show that the majority of people have the skills linked within 3-6 minutes after downloading their easy-setup script, but that does entail having localStorage properly track their progress through the various stages. Browser security is a good thing, but it does prevent one browser tab from tracking a second browser tab via localStorage, even when the domain is the same.
    It still works after rebooting so looking good. I haven't tried going back to the old SD card yet.

An old Amazon bug where an Echo would indicate STOPPED when actually PLAYING has resurfaced. This means that you may sometimes have to say stop or pause twice to actually stop streaming. It's not the skill's fault but if enough people have an issue with it then I can workaround. The problem with that, though, is that people often say "Alexa, stop!" when she annoys them (outside the context of using MediaServer, obviously) and that would stop your audio (it's always better to say shut-up or cancel).
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-11-16 at 22:40.

skill on max2play

Hi,
    I managed to get the skill working on windows 11 for a day. Restart of the laptop resulted in Kaspersky issues and tunnel lost. Now i want to install on my max2play PI.
    Anyone with a setup guide to get it running on max2play?
    much appreciated.....

Quote Originally Posted by wimsnijders@onetel.com View Post
    Hi,
    I managed to get the skill working on windows 11 for a day. Restart of the laptop resulted in Kaspersky issues and tunnel lost. Now i want to install on my max2play PI.
    Anyone with a setup guide to get it running on max2play?
    much appreciated.....
    Max2play is Debian based so follow the easy-setup instructions for Debian. Make sure you pick the correct 32/64 bit option in the configurator depending on your version.

Dank je,

Problem is that i don't know how to access the max2play PI. I tired to connect with filezilla but host does not connect.