Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1064
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    I can see the retries in the logs and also see the successful attempts to stream to your other Echos. Pity the retries don't help.

I saw somebody somewhere on the Amazon dev forums saying that a start offset other than zero milliseconds sometimes helps, so I've just modded the code to retry a failed stream at 100ms into the stream. Maybe try again and see if that helped at all?

If you haven't already done so, try a factory reset of the offending Echo. Some people say that this helped them (for a while at least).
    No joy on the 100ms change. A factory reset is the one thing I haven’t tried due to the need to redo all the settings afterwards. I’ll give it a try later and let you know if it solves the problem.
    Last edited by raglencross; 2021-10-06 at 06:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Might be worth checking the device firmware versions to see if there is a match between failure and old/new version.

One way to see it is via Alexa app/devices/device/settings (top right cog)/About
    Thanks, Paul, for your suggestion. Per post 1006, the firmware on all 4 Alexa’s are up to date. Two stream, an Echo Show and a Dot, and a Gen 1 Echo and two Gen 2 Echoes in a stereo pair do not.

Just FYI but one of my Dot devices (always connected) is at version 666694320 but that is not listed at https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...B5FVUB6REAVTXY
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by raglencross View Post
    Thanks, Paul, for your suggestion. Per post 1006, the firmware on all 4 Alexa’s are up to date. Two stream, an Echo Show and a Dot, and a Gen 1 Echo and two Gen 2 Echoes in a stereo pair do not.
    Interesting that it is the stereo pair that does not stream. I'll bet they will stream individually if you unpair.

From this post requesting that Amazon add a feature, it would seem that it is a known problem that stereo pairs are not supported. https://alexa.uservoice.com/forums/9...gory_id=322894. But I thought it had been working for you until recently?

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Interesting that it is the stereo pair that does not stream. I'll bet they will stream individually if you unpair.

From this post requesting that Amazon add a feature, it would seem that it is a known problem that stereo pairs are not supported. https://alexa.uservoice.com/forums/9...gory_id=322894. But I thought it had been working for you until recently?
    The stereo pair AND a Gen 1 echo don’t stream while an echo show and a Gen 2 echo dot do. Yes, as I previously posted, the stereo pair magically started working a while back (including Mediaserver streaming), not just for Mediaserver, but for Plex and Mymedia. Nice, but nobody knows why! I will try the unpairing, but will revert to the paired configuration because it sounds so good. As you suggested, I tried a factory reset on the Gen 1 echo which did not resolve the problem.

Just FYI but one of my Dot devices (always connected) is at version 666694320 but that is not listed at https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...B5FVUB6REAVTXY
    Yes, that page is what I looked at to determine the up to date software versions and, like you, I noticed discrepancies. What can you do, if even Amazon can’t keep the versions straight, probably because of the torrent of new product revisions and releases?!

That particular Echo Dot of mine is a 2nd generation model ... which according to the Amazon list should be at version 670680720 but is at 666694320 ... implying perhaps that it will be updated soon.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

That particular Echo Dot of mine is a 2nd generation model ... which according to the Amazon list should be at version 670680720 but is at 666694320 ... implying perhaps that it will be updated soon.
    My Show 1st gen is 670680920 which is higher than shown on the list.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    My Show 1st gen is 670680920 which is higher than shown on the list.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Same here...

Improved Now-Playing

I've re-written the now-playing intent handler to more graciously handle missing tags. For local libraries, there are now 32 different spoken responses possible, depending on what combination of title, artist, album, albumartist and year are known. I'll add similar granularity to remote streams when I've seen enough variations in what's returned in the JSON when LMS is queried — different plugins and online libraries interpret/populate the tag names differently.

Let me know if any odd results are encountered but it should be robust as I've been testing it myself for a while.