Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1061
    I just fixed a bug I must have introduced a while back which affected fuzzy-matching of player names. You would not have noticed it if you were using the assumed player or just pronouncing your player names correctly.

If you recently tried to assume a player and were unsuccessful, you can now try again and it should work.

Some devices don't stream

Around 17:10 UTC, I tried streaming from 4 alexa devices. The first 2, an echo and an echo stereo pair, would say they were streaming, but there was no sound. The second 2, a show 10 and a dot, streamed normally. All devices listed the players correctly when asked. Would you look at your logs there at the indicated time and see if you can figure out what is the problem? Thanks...

Edit: The 2 devices that won't "STREAM" will "PLAY" to a specified player.
    Last edited by raglencross; 2021-10-03 at 12:31.

Quote Originally Posted by raglencross View Post
    Would you look at your logs there at the indicated time and see if you can figure out what is the problem?
    What I see in the logs is

Code:
        "request": {
            "type": "AudioPlayer.PlaybackFailed",
            "requestId": "amzn1.echo-api.request.4e43f18f-691e-4e63-9e51-993a6d7841cf",
            "timestamp": "2021-10-03T18:46:13Z",
            "locale": "en-US",
            "currentPlaybackState": {
                "playerActivity": "IDLE"
            },
            "error": {
                "message": "Device playback error",
                "type": "MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN"
            },
            "token": "0deb3f1b-cacd-4dbc-8882-0646ba91fbdd"
        }
    This is effectively an error associated with the Echo itself rather than the skill. All the skill really does when you 'stream' is start up a /stream.mp3 inetwork client n LMS and then tell the Echo how to fetch its audio. The skill then backs off and lets the Echo consume the audio. When this error occurs, can you play e.g. Spotify on one of the affected Echos? You could try power-cycling the Echo to see if rebooting it helps. You can also check that music is actually coming out of LMS by visiting http://<lmsip>:9000/stream.mp3?player=Alexa-XXXXX in a browser (where XXXXX is visible in the GUI or iPeng). If you hear the audio then it really is the Echo that's at fault. If not, then LMS is to blame.

Thanks, Phil, for checking your logs and suggestions. Short of a complete reinstall of LMS, I have tried all the usual restarts/power off-on for the problematic Alexa's and LMS, even updating and restarting the Raspberry Pi hosting LMS with no success. The devices in question behave normally in all other respects except there is no sound when streaming with Mediaserver. Unfortunately, I am unable to confirm playback using "http://<lmsip>:9000/stream.mp3?player=Alexa-XXXXX" because no "Alexa-XXXXX" shows up in the GUI even though Alexa has confirmed streaming. "Alexa-XXXXX" is shown for the several devices that do stream. Anyway, it's a problem I can live with until I have more time to look into it. Thanks again for your help....

Thanks, Phil, for checking your logs and suggestions. Short of a complete reinstall of LMS, I have tried all the usual restarts/power off-on for the problematic Alexa's and LMS, even updating and restarting the Raspberry Pi hosting LMS with no success. The devices in question behave normally in all other respects except there is no sound when streaming with Mediaserver. Unfortunately, I am unable to confirm playback using "http://<lmsip>:9000/stream.mp3?player=Alexa-XXXXX" because no "Alexa-XXXXX" shows up in the GUI even though Alexa has confirmed streaming. "Alexa-XXXXX" is shown for the several devices that do stream. Anyway, it's a problem I can live with until I have more time to look into it. Thanks again for your help....
    I see the offending player is Alexa-OSP4A in the logs so you can try with that. I would certainly not reinstall LMS to try and resolve this as I very much doubt it's a factor. Do you have any idea if the Echo(s) in question recently updated their firmware?

"http://raspberrypi:9000/stream.mp3?player=Alexa-OSP4A" results in playback in the Chrome browser on a W10 PC with Alexa-OSP4A shown as a player in the LMS GUI. With some Googling, I was able to determine that the two offending Alexa's have up to date software (as do the 2 working ones), but there is no way to determine when the updates occurred.

"http://raspberrypi:9000/stream.mp3?player=Alexa-OSP4A" results in playback in the Chrome browser on a W10 PC with Alexa-OSP4A shown as a player in the LMS GUI. With some Googling, I was able to determine that the two offending Alexa's have up to date software (as do the 2 working ones), but there is no way to determine when the updates occurred.
    That at least verifies that it's not an LMS issue.

From the Amazon dev forums, it's evident that this problem crops up from time to time and is related to the Echo's firmware: https://amazon.developer.forums.answ...ack-error.html

I've modified the streaming code to retry up to 3 times if the stream-attempt results in an error. I cannot verify how effective this will be because I can't reproduce your issue on my Echos. Give it a whirl and see if this helps. Before you do, just say "Alexa, stop" to the Echo in question to clear any persistence from other skills 'claiming' the Echo for potential resumption.

Yeah, according to that link and others it leads to this problem has been around for a while and is definitely an Alexa firmware issue, as you have always suspected. The changes you have made there have not solved the problem, so it looks like we will have to wait for firmware updates to possibly rectify the situation (or take down the 2 working Alexaĺs &#129396. It would be interesting to hear if other Mediaserver users have this streaming problem; anyone?

Yeah, according to that link and others it leads to this problem has been around for a while and is definitely an Alexa firmware issue, as you have always suspected. The changes you have made there have not solved the problem, so it looks like we will have to wait for firmware updates to possibly rectify the situation (or take down the 2 working Alexaĺs &#129396. It would be interesting to hear if other Mediaserver users have this streaming problem; anyone?
    I can see the retries in the logs and also see the successful attempts to stream to your other Echos. Pity the retries don't help.

I saw somebody somewhere on the Amazon dev forums saying that a start offset other than zero milliseconds sometimes helps, so I've just modded the code to retry a failed stream at 100ms into the stream. Maybe try again and see if that helped at all?

If you haven't already done so, try a factory reset of the offending Echo. Some people say that this helped them (for a while at least).

Might be worth checking the device firmware versions to see if there is a match between failure and old/new version.

One way to see it is via Alexa app/devices/device/settings (top right cog)/About
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland