Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Glad you got it sorted. Strange that you got a permissions error but I guess that would be solved if you had run the setup.sh script with sudo. I can add a note to the docs but on a fresh test-install I had no problem without sudo and neither did @chill as far as I know.
    Hi, I did try running setup.sh with sudo but got a message about not running something as root (sorry to be vague) I can't remember at what point that was. So I just installed again as described in your guide and added the autostart entry afterwards, anyway as I said working great now.

Quote Originally Posted by gegen View Post
    Hi, I did try running setup.sh with sudo but got a message about not running something as root (sorry to be vague) I can't remember at what point that was. So I just installed again as described in your guide and added the autostart entry afterwards, anyway as I said working great now.
    I asked over at the pCP thread and it would appear to be that something outside my install script had previously changed the permissions on /opt for you. A normal install of pCP would not have your problem. Any idea what might have happened?

I asked over at the pCP thread and it would appear to be that something outside my install script had previously changed the permissions on /opt for you. A normal install of pCP would not have your problem. Any idea what might have happened?
    Hi, sorry I don't know what I may have done to have that permissions issue but I'll do a clean pcp install at the weekend and let you know if it was an issue with my original setup and therefore not with the skill and ngrok.

Hi, sorry I don't know what I may have done to have that permissions issue but I'll do a clean pcp install at the weekend and let you know if it was an issue with my original setup and therefore not with the skill and ngrok.
    No worries - if it works then it works. Good that you figured out to edit the file manually and just do what the script tried to do

As you said a clean install was fine....... my original setup had owner and group set to root on /opt, not sure how it changed .....the clean install had owner root, group staff.

Hoping I got that right , one question.... what creates the UUID is it your setup.sh or the account linking process?

Thanks for all the help along the way!

As you said a clean install was fine....... my original setup had owner and group set to root on /opt, not sure how it changed .....the clean install had owner root, group staff.

Hoping I got that right , one question.... what creates the UUID is it your setup.sh or the account linking process?

Thanks for all the help along the way!
    Itĺs the account linking process in my cloud that assigns you a uuid.

Itĺs the account linking process in my cloud that assigns you a uuid.
    Thanks.

Cover Art and Metadata now displayed on Echo's with screens

Name:  IMG_5636.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  74.5 KB

When streaming to an Echo with a screen, the cover art plus the album-name and (album) artist-name are now shown on the Echo's display

This is the case when streaming an album, single (CDM/CDS) or compilation (various/V.A.).
    For tracks/songs, favorites, genre-loads or playlists you will still see the familiar placeholder image. The reason for this is that a skill cannot update the display metadata after your initial voice command is processed. To Alexa, it's all a single stream with all the same metadata until your next voice command to change the stream. With an album/single/compilation, it makes sense to show the cover because the whole stream inherently has the same artwork. With a bunch of separate tracks with spurious covers, there's no point in permanently displaying the cover for the first track. Hence the placeholder.

Note that it won't work if you have a roll-your-own proxy with a port other than 443 because my firewall will block the outgoing curl to pick up the artwork. This won't be an issue for you with ngrok or with apache/nginx when using 443.

Enjoy !

I've noticed in the last few days that the skill returns an Amazon service error for so-called progressive responses. When you try to play a genre with a huge number of tracks (>10,000) the skill say "patience please" to fill the silence while LMS builds the playlist. It always worked 100% and there have been no code changes of late on my part. I've filed a case with Amazon but I'm curious if anybody else has seen this (it might be specific to my account for some reason)?

To see if you can trigger it, say "Alexa, tell MediaServer to play some <genre>" where <genre> is one you have thousands of matches for in your library.