Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,134 of 1134

MediaServer Subscriber here - Trying to the Stream command to my Echo

Excellent addition to my LMS setup thankyou. I was just catching up on the forum about developments etc and noticed the Stream command so thought I would check it out. Whilst everything appears to work. I do not get any output from my Echo (Show 8). Cover art is displayed on the Echo and lms shows the Alexa as a player however it doesn't start playing and can't be started by playing from LMS. My entire music collection is Flac. Does the Echo need to convert it on the fly to MP3? Any guidance of what I may need to set / check would be very welcome - Thanks again for a great product, continues to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Excellent addition to my LMS setup thankyou. I was just catching up on the forum about developments etc and noticed the Stream command so thought I would check it out. Whilst everything appears to work. I do not get any output from my Echo (Show 8). Cover art is displayed on the Echo and lms shows the Alexa as a player however it doesn't start playing and can't be started by playing from LMS. My entire music collection is Flac. Does the Echo need to convert it on the fly to MP3? Any guidance of what I may need to set / check would be very welcome - Thanks again for a great product, continues to get better.
    The Stream commands use the /stream.mp3 endpoint in LMS so that means that LMS needs to be able to transcode your flacs to mp3. The echo can handle FLAC no problem (these days) but LMS cannot stream anything other than mp3.

LMS should do that on the fly so if itís not then itís usually just that the LAME decoder is not installed on your system or your transcoding rules are messed up. For the avoidance of doubt, thatís all in respect of LMS and not the Echo or the skill.

See https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.p...anscoding.html

Documentation Updated

Thanks to @chaug on the LMS-lite thread, there's now a documented procedure for subscribing when Alexa tells you that subscriptions are not available in your country/region.

See https://mediaserver.smartskills.tech...#section-7-1-2 for a how-to.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    The Stream commands use the /stream.mp3 endpoint in LMS so that means that LMS needs to be able to transcode your flacs to mp3. The echo can handle FLAC no problem (these days) but LMS cannot stream anything other than mp3.

LMS should do that on the fly so if itís not then itís usually just that the LAME decoder is not installed on your system or your transcoding rules are messed up. For the avoidance of doubt, thatís all in respect of LMS and not the Echo or the skill.

See https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.p...anscoding.html

Many thanks for that. All now working thankyou.