Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    In case it helps to make your scripts more future-proof, I spotted that the download links are visible within the source of the ngrok download page. So if, or instance, they notice that the ARM64 download is the odd one out with its tgz format, or they change the apparently random characters in the download path, then you don't need to rely on hard-coded filenames. This code will extract the filenames, based only on the text in the drop-down menu, which seems more likely to remain constant:

Code:
    filename32=$(wget https://ngrok.com/download -O - | grep -B 1 "Linux (ARM)" | awk -F href\=\" {'print $2'} | awk -F \" {'print $1'})
    filename64=$(wget https://ngrok.com/download -O - | grep -B 1 "Linux (ARM64)" | awk -F href\=\" {'print $2'} | awk -F \" {'print $1'})
    That's a great idea - I'll take it on board. Thanks ! Nice use of grep -B

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    I've improved the ngrok_installer script a bit. As well as a bit of tidying up and clarifying, it now has the option to override the 32-bit or 64-bit auto-detection, primarily in case the auto-detection fails because of the rather weak, non-future-proof, detection rule.

I tried the 32-bit version on a 64-bit pCP ('-v 32' argument), and ngrok seemed to work ok.
    I tried the 64-bit version on a 32-bit pCP ('-v 64' argument), and the extension loaded, but ngrok failed to run, obviously.

For now, auto-detection is the way to go, but in future, if pCP reports something other than 'v8' for the 64-bit version, use the override: -v 64.

Attachment 33168
    Chill - thanks so much for your work on this. Seems like you have been busy! I am looking forward to checking this out real soon.

Flatten Favourites (mysqueezebox.com)

FYI,
    There is a change in the latest 8.1.2 nightly build that allows you to supress the onmysqueezebox.com favourite entry. This is useful if you use the Mediaserver skill to search for favourites as it flattens the library and speeds up the response.

The details are here:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1007741
    Location 1: LMS 8.2 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.0 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    FYI,
    There is a change in the latest 8.1.2 nightly build that allows you to supress the onmysqueezebox.com favourite entry. This is useful if you use the Mediaserver skill to search for favourites as it flattens the library and speeds up the response.

The details are here:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1007741
    Thanks @staresy. It remains a shame that the jsonrpc interface does not have a favorites listing command and that it has to be done by recursive calls to the menu structure.

Playing around with a pushbutton ngrok install, it would be very convenient if the user had nothing at all to edit after downloading the script and only had to run it. The two 'unknowns' are his/her uuid (which I have a nice solution for) and LMS IP address (I don't just want to assume it'll be localhost:9000 although that is better than nothing). I do have a tiny nodejs script that broadcasts on UDP 3483 and discovers LMS servers but I cannot assume any javascript availability on the host machine.

Does anybody have any ideas on how the LMS server discovery could be done from Bash or Shell, maybe using e.g. netcast? I've tried
    Code:
    nc -u -l 3483
    but it won't divulge the IP address of the responding server.

Alternatively, something in perl is also acceptable if only core Perl modules are used.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-02-08 at 02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Playing around with a pushbutton ngrok install, it would be very convenient if the user had nothing at all to edit after downloading the script and only had to run it. The two 'unknowns' are his/her uuid (which I have a nice solution for) and LMS IP address (I don't just want to assume it'll be localhost:9000 although that is better than nothing). I do have a tiny nodejs script that broadcasts on UDP 3483 and discovers LMS servers but I cannot assume any javascript availability on the host machine.

Does anybody have any ideas on how the LMS server discovery could be done from Bash or Shell, maybe using e.g. netcast? I've tried
    Code:
    nc -u -l 3483
    but it won't divulge the IP address of the responding server.

Alternatively, something in perl is also acceptable if only core Perl modules are used.
    I think you meant ncat? I have not tried it in an LMS environment, but you might want to try nmap. It is a lot more powerful. It is not usually installed by default, though.

Quote Originally Posted by wtnh View Post
    I think you meant ncat? I have not tried it in an LMS environment, but you might want to try nmap. It is a lot more powerful. It is not usually installed by default, though.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I need to work with core modules only.

There's now no excuse for not trying out the skill(s) as the ngrok-setup process has been completely automated

See https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...e-Alexa-skills

Name:  2.png
Views: 102
Size:  40.1 KB

New features March 2021

A freshly-certified version of the skill is now live with 4 new commands:

Play index 5 from the album Musique by Daft Punk (for when you don't know the track title but do know it's the 5th track).
    Stream index 3 from Toulouse Street by The Doobie Brothers.
    Transpose Bathroom and Bedroom (swaps the playlist between 2 players - a sort of two-way FollowMe).
    What's new? (spoken concise release notes).

There's also better support for people with multiple LMS servers plus improved latency and error-handling in general.

Enjoy!