Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Tunnel should not be to 80 but to 9000 for LMS. 80 is for web browsing. Did you read the online help? That’s all explained.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2019-12-07 at 08:25.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Tunnel should not be to 80 but to 9000 for LMS. 80 is for web browsing. Did you read the online help? That’s all explained.
    Thank you. Its working. Alexa discover my 2 players and name them but she doesn't understand when I named them.

Quote Originally Posted by tushma View Post
    Thank you. Its working. Alexa discover my 2 players and name them but she doesn't understand when I named them.
    If you're the person with 2 players called "Squeezeboxtouch, Squeezebox" then I'd strongly suggest you give those players new names. What works best is to use the name of the rooms that the players are in, e.g. livingroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc. That's also explained in the docs.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    If you're the person with 2 players called "Squeezeboxtouch, Squeezebox" then I'd strongly suggest you give those players new names. What works best is to use the name of the rooms that the players are in, e.g. livingroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc. That's also explained in the docs.
    Thnx again for great help!!

I've added some additional spoken error-reporting within the skill to address connectivity issues. Somebody using duckdns with nginx was throwing the odd '502 Bad Gateway' and if that occurs it will now be reported to help that user debug his/her setup. If LMS takes longer than 6.5 seconds to respond to a request, you'll now be told that you are having timeout issues.

Additionally, during account linking where you are using ngrok, you will be told that tunneling to port 80 is not the intention if you try. Some people follow the instructions at the ngrok site and all its examples use 80

So subscrition needed to get full access? Free, i can only skip, stop, play and control volume?

Quote Originally Posted by tushma View Post
    So subscrition needed to get full access? Free, i can only skip, stop, play and control volume?
    Free you can also enable/disable shuffle and repeat, ask for now-playing/duration/state, plus power on/off.

If you want to ask for a particular song/album/genre/playlist/favorite to be played on a Squeezebox or an Echo, you need a subscription. That then also gets you synchronization, sleep, transfer/follow-me and library querying. The list of commands starts here (* denotes premium): https://mediaserver.smartskills.tech...oPlaylist.html

One thing I hadn't yet got around to doing was trying out Philippe's excellent Group Players plugin with the skill

I can confirm it works flawlessly. I created a group player called Downstairs with 3 members and asked Alexa to discover my players. There was indeed a new virtual player called Downstairs. Asking to play an album '... on the downstairs player' started playback on the group, as expected. With the plugin option 'Synchronize to Group Players' ticked, I asked Alexa to 'add the office player to the group' and it was indeed added in. Basic stuff like changing group volume and transport commands also just worked as expected.

If anybody playing with this functionality finds any corner cases needing tweaking, please let me know.

How do I re-enable subscription?

Edit. Cancel that I’ve managed it
    Last edited by d6jg; 2019-12-11 at 15:07.

In the logs, I'm not seeing a lot of people trying the Spotty commands for playing Spotty playlists and Spotty podcasts. Did the sub-announcement get lost in more mundane posts in this thread? Sigh...