Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Odroid N2 as LMS Player

I just purchased an Odroid N2 to work as a Kodi streamer with my TV and wondered if it could also be used as a LMS player hopefully with graphic display of the player on the TV(connected by HDMI) and sound through the TVs soundbar.. It is the 4GB Ram version and will be hardwired with ethernet. OS will be Mint 18.04 on EMMC card. Any suggestions, links to further information would be most welcome
    • Version: 7.9.2 - 1562753347 @ Wed Jul 10 12:46:39 CEST 2019
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Ethernet to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Long ago I installed and occasionally use XSqueeze ... but there is an alternative that looks like it is trying to be a more conventional Kodi add-on ... see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313912
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Long ago I installed and occasionally use XSqueeze ... but there is an alternative that looks like it is trying to be a more conventional Kodi add-on ... see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313912

Thanks. I have used XSqueeze with mixed results before but this new addon sounds promising

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Ethernet to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

I just tried it on a Pi and it was only partially successful for me.
    First big problem was that the included Squeezelite ARM binary was too old for the command line that the addon issues.
    So I installed a newer version via apt-get and told the addon where the new binary is installed.
    That improved things (menus work) but when I tried to play stuff I found that it stopped after a few seconds. I suspect that this was because of a clashed with Kodi (OSMC) over the use of the HDMI audio but I have not diagnosed it further.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

First big problem was that the included Squeezelite ARM binary was too old for the command line that the addon issues.
    So I installed a newer version via apt-get and told the addon where the new binary is installed.
    That improved things (menus work) but when I tried to play stuff I found that it stopped after a few seconds. I suspect that this was because of a clashed with Kodi (OSMC) over the use of the HDMI audio but I have not diagnosed it further.
    Thanks for testing it out. My Odroid is still in transit but once I get it and set it up I will share any results I have with that addon

Two SB Radios wireless

I haven't received my Odroid yet but I tried the addon on my Win 7 Kodi computer and also my Mint PC with Kodi. I had the same results as you with music starting for one or two seconds and then cutting out. I will search the developers thread and see if there are any clues to get it to work.

Two SB Radios wireless